Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking around and came across a
2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
that is selling for 56,069 sticker price, and was wondering what everyone would pay for it. The only discount the dealer was willing to give is the Dodge discount of 4,850, but then said he would sell it for 51,000. Using the 20% off of sticker rule was trying for 44,000 and wasn't going to budge. So was wondering how much Widebodys are going for and how much people paid for them.

Here are the options:
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
B5 Blue Exterior Paint $69
R/T Scat Pack Widebody – 24N $6,000
Plus Package $1,695
Driver Convenience Group $1,095
Harman Kardon® Audio Group with Subwoofer $1,595
TorqueFlite® 8–Speed Automatic Transmission $1,595
Power Sunroof $1,295
SRT® Performance Spoiler $695
Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4–Inch Display $795
Red Brake Calipers $495
Destination Charge $1,495

·
Registered
24 Posts
Remind him that the car is about to be one model year old. I would think at least a 10k discount would be appropriate. That is him giving only a 5k discount on top of the rebate. Where are you located? Koons in Virginia has a similar car, also B5 blue. It's MSRP is only 54.7k but is listed at 45.9k. Thats about 9k off (duh). Looks like a good deal.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I mean something is wrong with him.
He is only giving you the power dollar rebate and selling you the car for sticker! Run away they have room to move. I however do not think you could pull off 20% and the almost 5 grand rebate... maybe...
tell him to ring you out at 45k with the incentive and get it wrapped up...
That’s a great package option wise you have a fully loaded car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, I tried calling backl Waldorf and they are not budging from $51K, and then told them about Koons having close to the same deal for $45K. Didn't make a difference, so now talking to Koons, but they send it would be the Wow price. Then after Tax, Freight, Processing Fee, and Tags it's still ends up being 51K. So now I thinking how is this any better, I understand the Tax and Tags cost, but can they also or need to charge for Freight and Processing Fees? A little ridiculous to me?

Any other advise, would really like to close a good deal on this if possible. Else thinking maybe I should wait for the 2020's.

Thanks for everyone help/advise on this, much appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the actual break down:
Out the Door $51,376.75**
PA Tax($2,933.15), Freight($1,495), Processing Fee($799), PA Tags($239.60)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me the Freight/Destination Charge was already included with the MSRP price which was already lowered to $45K, then $799 for the Processing Fee is a little ridiculous don't you think? Especially in today's day in age with computers!

·
Registered
389 Posts
All that is horse shit. First of all just don’t buy the car there go to another Dodge dealer.
2nd of all fly to Koons and drive it back is another option... that shouldn’t add up to 5 or 6 grand...
unless u really need it I wouldn’t pay that... I’ll tell them to shove it right up their rear end sideways twice from Sunday, ya hear me?!

shop another dealer. I got my Dodge for 10k off sticker with the rebate of course.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Poochy....!:giggle: Throw it right out there. Tell it like it is.....(y)

P.S. Make sure they have the doors open before doing the shoving...;)
If its not on the showroom floor just tell the salesman to stand in front of it and let that motor sing and the tires squeal, then they’ll know your for real.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Shoot for 8k to 10k off MSRP . That what this dealership doing. Show him this website.
what a dealer advertises on their website as a price and what they are actually willing to sell it for are 2 different things. That price they are advertising combines all of the possible incentives, but not 1 person would qualify for. don't fall for it. I live in Tampa,FL and there is a dealer here that does the same thing

·
Registered
389 Posts
what a dealer advertises on their website as a price and what they are actually willing to sell it for are 2 different things. That price they are advertising combines all of the possible incentives, but not 1 person would qualify for. don't fall for it. I live in Tampa,FL and there is a dealer here that does the same thing
So that means they are full of what?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You cannot include the sales tax and registration fees in the price of the car when looking for answers here, as every state is different. MSRP minus the discounts you should be able to get more than the Power Dollars off. As someone else said go to Koons and drive back to save the shipping from Va to Pa.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Price will come down a lot when the 2020’s hit the showroom. Remind them of that and wait until the end of the month, like the 27th or the 30th and they will make a deal you can’t refuse. There is a lot of markup on all the options and you get the $10/hp discount ($4,850) for the Dodge Power Rebate. Of course, you can always find a like new, low mileage Hellcat in the $50K range...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Might want to talk to that dealer in Va again.... Truth in advertising act would prohibit them from adding the freight since its already included in the MSRP. if that is how they are advertising the car and that is in fact the correct breakdown, you're getting an altered price from what they advertise.

I sold cars in Massachusetts and up here, the AG would be chomping at the bit to catch dealers and false advertising promises.

this is the link to truth in advertising act

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Might want to talk to that dealer in Va again.... Truth in advertising act would prohibit them from adding the freight since its already included in the MSRP. if that is how they are advertising the car and that is in fact the correct breakdown, you're getting an altered price from what they advertise.

I sold cars in Massachusetts and up here, the AG would be chomping at the bit to catch dealers and false advertising promises.

this is the link to truth in advertising act

Good Luck!
I believe the 'freight' he mentioned is shipping the car from Va to his house in Pa.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts