Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to temporarily or permanently to disable the active Noice Maker? I think sometimes it is great to hear the Engine roar and not the exhaust crack.

My new 2017 Challenger R/T has the active exhaust factory and I really don't like that loud crack. Taking our the fuse is making it louder not quiet. I don't want to take out the exhaust system, it's a new car after all.

But I miss the roar of the Hemi ENGINE and the neighbors surely too ;)

I hope there is a simple way somebody knows as I don't want to discuss why some like the active exhaust and some don't. I just don't but could not get a 2017 Hemi without it.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 8 Speed
1,617 Posts
Haven't researched it, but is there an option in the sport mode setup? Like you can adjust the steering and such?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah thanks but I am talking about the Factory installed AES.
Just watched it and this is for the exact opposite what I am looking for. This is to have the valve always open and always loud!
But this guy confirms at least that the Default position if the motor is broken or the fuse removed/broken, is rather open and loud.
I need a way to make it say closed and not loud. Thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 8 Speed
1,617 Posts
Did you check the owners manual? I will do a google search to see if i can find anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually checked owner manual, the forum here(!), the internet and googled... but I still hope that you can find a way. Simple way that is .... don't want to exchange the exhaust system. Just thought if there would be a way to disable it, would be great. As I said, sometimes one likes to hear the Engine roar, and other times the neighbors don't want to hear the aes either :cool:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You're the first ever to want it to stay closed :). Many have tried and failed without throwing codes. I would imagine this kit could also work to keep the valve closed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would not mind a code if that has the valve closed. At least temporarily ;)

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I got a 2017 Daytona charger and it is loud, in sport mode it is even louder. Aftermarket exhaust companies can close their doors if this is how factory exhaust is going to be.

Reactions: wvhemis

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
Still don't think it sounds like my ATAK.... please no offense

·
Registered
187 Posts
The heck with the neighbors. Just drive it gently when you are near home, it isn't really that loud unless you get on it.

Reactions: 18920
1 - 11 of 11 Posts