Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2008,2009,2010 challengers engine type and exterior bodies are slightly different than the 2011,2012,2013's. I did some research and found out that the 2008-2010's front "lip" in the front of the challenger is facing Up(smiling). And the 2011-2014's are facing down(frowning).

Despite the difference between the 3.5L and 3.6L engines in the 2009-2010 SE's and the 2011-14's, there is a difference between the factory spoilers that come on the cars also. The 2008-2010 spoilers on the car are black but they look have a carbon fiber type look from afar, and the 2011-2014's have an appearance that looks like it is made of metal.

The 2008 challengers are all SRT-s and numbered, most of them are orange, some black and silver.

some of the things i noticed while looking at my challenger compared to others :)

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Good Notes! Thanks for sharing. I just look at the smile/frown and up until now wondered what else was different. I especially wondered if some of the spoilers were add-ons or factory. In a way I kind of thought that the R/T Classics should have had a different spoiler to make them stand out a little more besides the dual stripes but what the heck. I just love it when I see one of these babes on the road. Lou.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,956 Posts
They also stopped putting nose badges on in 2011.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Don't forget the new-style steering wheel starting in 2011. Plus the change from suitcase style muffler to true dual mufflers. And the electric/assist steering on the newer models. My 09 always drove the same, while my 11 felt different every time I got behind the wheel.

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
The speedo/dash area was a bit different between my '09 and my '12 too. Both were SRT's.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
another difference...6 cylinder cars came equipped with dual exhaust in 11+...

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
They also stopped putting nose badges on in 2011.
In conjunction with this change, Dodge disassociated itself from the "Ram" brand for any cars and focused it strictly on trucks. No more Ram nose badges or Ram insignia on the steering wheel or rims.

Colors can also be indicative of the year as well. For example, Green With Envy was only produced in 2011, Header Orange, I believe, was only offered in 2012 and so forth.

·
Registered
207 Posts
All of this is very good information. I never thought to look at the slight changes. I knew there were color changes pretty much every year but that was all.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The gauge faces are different starting after 2010. . . i Think they are a little more difficult to read. . . but you would have to be in the seat to notice. .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts