Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 16747 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today it was 70 degrees out, low humidity, and sunshiny, which was all the more special in that the entirety of next week is going to be stormy and nasty. So I went for about a 100 mile cruise down some twisty, hilly back roads.

Windows down, radio blasting, exhaust roaring because I never got out of 4th. I even said screw it and set my insurance and registration in the seat next to me so I could access them quick if I got pulled over. :cool: Luckily I didn't see one police officer because 55mph is just not going to work on a day like today.

I'm back home now and :D:D:D:D

Hope everyone else had a good Saturday.

·
What's Old is New Again!
32,821 Posts
Grumble, grumble, grumble! Eighteenth day in a row with rain! No wonder I'm so GRUMPY!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,055 Posts
Beautiful day here Lyle!!! I loved your description of that drive. Sounds so very familiar!!! We were cooler than you, but it was 55, no wind and sunny!!! Took the car for a nice drive to a high school graduation reception. About 80 miles round trip for me!!! Then I cleaned it up a little when we got home and worked in the yard. What a great day!

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
Grumble, grumble, grumble! Eighteenth day in a row with rain! No wonder I'm so GRUMPY!
What he said... Shane and I had a car show in Beckley today but we bagged it, it rained all day today. We have another show tomorrow but get this 8:00am registration 40 degrees 58 will be the high but I am stoked to get the car out. It has rained here three weeks straight.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,055 Posts
What he said... Shane and I had a car show in Beckley today but we bagged it, it rained all day today. We have another show tomorrow but get this 8:00am registration 40 degrees 58 will be the high but I am stoked to get the car out. It has rained here three weeks straight.
GO FOR IT!!! You won't even notice the cold if the rain stays away and it is sunny!!! I wouldn't be able to stand that 3 weeks!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
GO FOR IT!!! You won't even notice the cold if the rain stays away and it is sunny!!! I wouldn't be able to stand that 3 weeks!!!!
I don't care as long as it is not raining. My boat is still sitting on dry land for crying out load. The river has been running to hard to even put boats in !

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,212 Posts
Yeah today was rainy and blowing for sure... I managed a show last weekend with only a slight and brief sprinkling... Tomorrow's show should be great! Will put some miles on my tires and get a feel for them in the curves.. lol...

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
Yeah today was rainy and blowing for sure... I managed a show last weekend with only a slight and brief sprinkling... Tomorrow's show should be great! Will put some miles on my tires and get a feel for them in the curves.. lol...
What tires did you end up going with?

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,212 Posts
The Cooper RS3-S... happy medium on tread rating, price, and reviews.... Had one guy stop me to ask about them not 20 minutes after they were put on... lol

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Rain started up yesterday, and we have storms in the forecast all this week (clearing out Saturday). So I parked her in the garage yesterday, and gave her a good bumper to bumper polishing.

·
Premium Member
11,989 Posts
How about 32 this morning to start the day? Shane and I were at a car show Sunday and it was chilly but Shane was representing the Z wearing his shorts... JMO I think he lived in AK too long....

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
it's been raining for about 20 days straight now

1 - 20 of 16747 Posts