Dodge Challenger Forum banner

17001 - 17020 of 17202 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,227 Posts
Interesting night. My cats are usually outside at night, except when the temperatures get below zero. But last night there was NO way they could be outside. I even let the new kitty stay in all night. Dusty did good, no problems at all. They are all outside right now. I guess if there is one good thing about this blizzard, the temperatures stayed in the mid-twenties. I can't open my front door, so I went out the walk-in door to the garage and had to shovel to even have a place for the cats to go out. I don't know if I will be able to shovel the drifts on the deck and sidewalk. Gary will be in full snow removal detail today.

·
25,227 Posts
All the roads are closed in Western Nebraska, Western SD and WY. No travel anywhere. On Friday night SD closed I-90 from the WY state line to Chamberlain. That is about 2/3 across SD. There was a bad plane crash in Chamberlain, killing the pilot and 8 people. I don't understand why they would try to fly with the weather conditions. Don't know all the details on that yet. Icing would have definitely been something that should have grounded that plane, along with high winds.

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,208 Posts
39° and raining lightly.

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,208 Posts
40° and the rain has stopped for now. However, both mountains have disappeared.

·
25,227 Posts
Sun came out today and it got to about 27 degrees for a high. Not too bad really, compared to the last two days! LOTS of snow removal at our place. Gary got the big drifts with the tractor/snow blade, and I worked on the deck and front part of the driveway. About 4 ft. of snow on the deck and sidewalk. It all blew in over the house and made nice big drifts. The wind blew so hard that we had big drifts then bare spots out in the field.

70791.jpg

I am a scoop shovel person. I can't understand how anyone can use those snow shovels. They just don't work right for shoveling. Guess it's the farm girl in me,
cause I prefer a scoop shovel! A little sore after all the shoveling! The new kitty Dusty was my helper!

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,208 Posts
Raining again and 40°.

·
Registered
139 Posts
First little snow of the year but mostly ice. Even though I have AWD, Challenger stayed in the garage all day. Not taking it out if I don't have to.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
33° here, mixed bag of tricks coming today, dealing with family and work issues, hava goodun.

17001 - 17020 of 17202 Posts