18701 - 18720 of 18928 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,267 Posts
46° and sunny.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,164 Posts
A beautiful day!!! Had to take a long drive to the grocery store! Over a 100 miles roundtrip. That is what is good for the soul!!

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,267 Posts
Up to 51° and beautiful.

·
26,164 Posts
Sunny today, especially this afternoon and highs in the mid 50's. Beautiful weather. Drove the Scat and then washed it this afternoon!

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,267 Posts
Down to 47° and mostly cloudy. Calling for rain tomorrow and I've got to drive to Charlottesville in one puddle jumper, dump it off and pick up another puddle jumper.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
A beautiful day!!! Had to take a long drive to the grocery store! Over a 100 miles roundtrip. That is what is good for the soul!!
100 miles for groceries? I hope you were able to get everything you needed. Around here it's a ghost town. Most of the grocery stores around here are depleted. No meat or chicken. Paper products are all gone. Mostly dry goods are the only thing available with an ample supply of fruits and vegetables. Oh yea it was snowing today as well. Wanna trade? Looks good in your pics as usual though. I would drive 100 miles just to get away from this nonsense.We are supposedly not allowed to do that either though. No offense Betty. Just venting.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
31. Hubby warned me of black ice so I knew to watch the overpasses. 4 cars lost control on 2 of them. Winds 5mph. Light snow here on the grass at work...nothing at home.

·
26,164 Posts
100 miles for groceries? I hope you were able to get everything you needed. Around here it's a ghost town. Most of the grocery stores around here are depleted. No meat or chicken. Paper products are all gone. Mostly dry goods are the only thing available with an ample supply of fruits and vegetables. Oh yea it was snowing today as well. Wanna trade? Looks good in your pics as usual though. I would drive 100 miles just to get away from this nonsense.We are supposedly not allowed to do that either though. No offense Betty. Just venting.
No worries! I took a long drive, and took a long route to the grocery store! Normally it is only a 60 mile round trip! So Sorry for your lack of groceries. We had most everything in the local store except tp, and potatoes. We have a local beef plant in our town of 1500 and there will never be a lack of meat here. We are taking one of our own steers in to get processed in May at a local butchering plant. Another 500 pounds in the freezer. We have no cases of this virus YET, in the Western Panhandle of Nebraska and the Western part of South Dakota. I am sure it will happen, but we have a lot of natural social distancing here. I have enough supplies at my house to last a couple of months+
I talked to the girls at the grocery store yesterday. I was there last Tuesday, a normal freight day for them. Their freight didn't come in, and wouldn't be there until Wednesday. The girls told me it was utter mayhem in the store on Wed. All the toilet paper was gone by 10:00 a.m.! I got lucky on the tp. Bought some a month ago, and they only had the big sizes. I didn't want that much, but it was all that was there. That turned out well!!! Besides, we could build our own outhouse if we had to!!!

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,267 Posts
42° currently with heavy overcast clouds. Rained all the way down to Charlottesville this morning taking the Sonic in for a Fleet turn-in. Had dense fog on Afton Mountain for about a 6 mile stretch. Also rained all the way back int the same conditions with the new Nissan Kick. I must say, the Kick drove pretty well. There was an accident on Interstate 81 at MM 247 that was warned about on the info signs. I got off at 240 and skirted Harrisonburg using Rt 11 so I was able to keep moving while 81 was backed up.

18701 - 18720 of 18928 Posts