Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the the Sunshine State.

Here’s my 2020 Challenger R/T Plus in Frostbite Blue, which I bought new Labor Day 2020. 345CI Hemi V8, 8-spd Torqueflite Auto, 3.07 open rear. Had a 2009 Charger R/T AWD before that.

Done a little bit to it, heavily inspired by specifically 1971 model year Challengers, with a little artistic liberty of course.

So far, it’s gotten:
AWE Touring Cat-back
YearOne Mopar Rallye Wheels
YearOne Repro Chrysler Pentastar
Mopar Chrome Hood Pins, Quad Exhaust Tips, and T/A Air Induction Kit
Original OEM 1971 Dodge Grill Badge
Original OEM ‘70s Challenger Script Badges
American Car Craft Tail Light and Marker Light Trims
Chrome Door Handle Covers
Billet Technologies Oil Catch Can and Engine Dress-up in Titanium
American Brothers Design Control Knob Trims and Door Locks in Frostbite
RetroUSA Quarter Fender Scoops
Hurst Automatic Pistol Grip
R/T Side Stripes with Extensions
R/T Outline on hood.

I’m planning on installing a 3.70 LSD and 1320 springs and sway bars next. Cam and long tube headers down the line. Aesthetically, been eyeballing changing to either a Shaker hood or Mr. Norm’s Super Stock Hood. Interior and engine bay could use some touches down the line… It never does end, does it? 🤣

Look forward to conversing with y’all!

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Plant Car

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
3,003 Posts
welcome from ny, looks good

Reactions: Rollin’ Along

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,695 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina. :)

Just a suggestion, with the 8 speed automatic, the 3.09 LSD is usually the best to replace the 3.07 open. gives a little more in 1st gear and doesn't consume as much gas cruising at Interstate speeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the welcome y’all!

Welcome from South Carolina. :)

Just a suggestion, with the 8 speed automatic, the 3.09 LSD is usually the best to replace the 3.07 open. gives a little more in 1st gear and doesn't consume as much gas cruising at Interstate speeds.
Y’know, I’d kinda been between going to the 3.09 or 3.70. Ruled the 3.90 out as too short a gear. Haven’t really seen too too much on 3.70s in auto cars. 3.09’s more readily available though and not too much a change from a 3.07 to need any reprogramming. Seems like 3.09’s the more proven choice. Either way, I’d just be glad to swap in a LSD.

Man, that’s sharp! And that woodgrain’s a nice touch.

I actually wasn’t gonna go with the Rallye’s originally. I had ordered a set of Mopar Steelies in 17x9 after doing some measurements, got em in, and I was a smidge off clearance wise. Oh well, got another use for those.
While searching through options again I stumbled on a post here from when they were released. Needless to say, I saw pics of ‘em and was sold! Hardest part was waiting for ‘em to come in cause I was in the middle of a run. Got home, got ‘em installed, and no regrets.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,894 Posts
Thanks for the welcome y’all!

Y’know, I’d kinda been between going to the 3.09 or 3.70. Ruled the 3.90 out as too short a gear. Haven’t really seen too too much on 3.70s in auto cars. 3.09’s more readily available though and not too much a change from a 3.07 to need any reprogramming. Seems like 3.09’s the more proven choice. Either way, I’d just be glad to swap in a LSD.

Man, that’s sharp! And that woodgrain’s a nice touch.

I actually wasn’t gonna go with the Rallye’s originally. I had ordered a set of Mopar Steelies in 17x9 after doing some measurements, got em in, and I was a smidge off clearance wise. Oh well, got another use for those.
While searching through options again I stumbled on a post here from when they were released. Needless to say, I saw pics of ‘em and was sold! Hardest part was waiting for ‘em to come in cause I was in the middle of a run. Got home, got ‘em installed, and no regrets.
Glad to see another person with them on their Challenger, I was going nuts on the Rallye's cause I had to keep that under my hat for a bit since I was in direct contact with Year One on them. Did reach out to several and was happy they stepped up to the plate on them. Also did try to get another company do the Steels with the OEM original Caps but they had more issues with that because of material shortages and back orders. Any ways hopefully soon here hope we get some FL members together when I get mine back from Body Shop.

More wood grain in the future on mine ... Real Dark Walnut veneer btw.

Enjoy and have a Blessed Day.
Bill

1 - 20 of 26 Posts