Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting my fundamental objection to having to buy a second PCM aside for another day, I'm struggling with trying to decide between HP and Diablo.

Price-wise for the setup, the Diablo would be a couple of hundred bucks less, and while substantial, it's not quite enough to tip the scales (for me at least).

I'm having difficulty getting a straight answer on the Diablo; can you tune (or have tuned) everything with a Diablo that you can with the HP?

Is everything that you can tune with the Diablo or HP enough to properly and safely (mechanically speaking) to do upgrades such as CAMS?

What is the cost difference between getting a custom Diablo tune and a custom HP tune? I don't want to deal with "canned" tunes.

Lastly: Are there enough qualified, skilled HP tuners out there to find? I know of several highly thought of Diablo tuners in my general area (Norther Virginia), but I don't want to decide to go the HP route only to find myself hostage to a rare HP tuner.

Your thoughts and feedback will be appreciated!

P.S. I have a 2015 Scat Pack.

·
Registered
22,805 Posts
I've had two Diablo products, I used a Diablo Predator on my 2010 R/T and a Diablo Trinity on my current 2014 SRT. In both cases I'd say I'm mostly satisfied, I wish it had a few more features (such as the ability to set shift points) but they may eventually get around to those items or if not they can be addressed by using other products.

Diablo is the product that I would say is most widely used for tuning our cars, pretty much all the big name tuners and shops use them for work with cam swaps, stroker motors, nitrous etc... pretty much every build that one can come up with. HP is making some in roads but as of right now I would recommend the Diablo for tuning.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,179 Posts
I would go with the Diablo.There's a couple vendors on here who sell them.Give HHP a call and talk to them.They are pretty straight shooters and will take the time with you.Also they are one of the top tuners for Hemi's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts