Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, little back story, I'm at my cousins 11th birthday party and a black 07 300 pulls up starts smoking the tires. I see the hemi c badges on the side but think that it's a 5.7, even though it sounded really freakish good(thinking he has a cat back or reso delete or something). So all my baby cousins start screaming "do that in the challenger! Do that in the challenger". So I start up Hellen(bone stock 2014 RT). Pull out, and put on a smoke show, kids go crazy, yada yada yada. Dude comes back around says "hey, let's run it." Cool. Now we stay in the most rural of rural MS on a nice country stretch of road. So we drive down to a neighboring drive way, and turn around, and that's when I see the SRT8 badge on the trunk lid. I was like "of well, nothing to do now but put her in sports mode and come on with it". Too my surprise, I actually was able to stay right around his back bumper till about 75ish.

Now, don't get me wrong, the 5.7 is a beast of a motor, but the 6.1 definitely put me back in my place. Everybody time he would hit the gas, it would turn him sideways!

Oh well, there's always gonna be someone faster. But my ride looks better, and she's still a beast, so I'm good!! Plus, once I finish up my next pipeline job, I'm getting JBA shorty headers, high flow cats, corsa extreme catback, lmi true fender pull CAI, plus a custom tune(basically, bolt ons that won affect the warranty, but once the warranty is over, watch out!!). Next time, I'll secure a win for the home team!!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Cool story. I'm sure he knew you had an R/T before you saw that he had an SRT.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,405 Posts
So, little back story, I'm at my cousins 11th birthday party and a black 07 300 pulls up starts smoking the tires. I see the hemi c badges on the side but think that it's a 5.7, even though it sounded really freakish good(thinking he has a cat back or reso delete or something). So all my baby cousins start screaming "do that in the challenger! Do that in the challenger". So I start up Hellen(bone stock 2014 RT). Pull out, and put on a smoke show, kids go crazy, yada yada yada. Dude comes back around says "hey, let's run it." Cool. Now we stay in the most rural of rural MS on a nice country stretch of road. So we drive down to a neighboring drive way, and turn around, and that's when I see the SRT8 badge on the trunk lid. I was like "of well, nothing to do now but put her in sports mode and come on with it". Too my surprise, I actually was able to stay right around his back bumper till about 75ish.

Now, don't get me wrong, the 5.7 is a beast of a motor, but the 6.1 definitely put me back in my place. Everybody time he would hit the gas, it would turn him sideways!

Oh well, there's always gonna be someone faster. But my ride looks better, and she's still a beast, so I'm good!! Plus, once I finish up my next pipeline job, I'm getting JBA shorty headers, high flow cats, corsa extreme catback, lmi true fender pull CAI, plus a custom tune(basically, bolt ons that won affect the warranty, but once the warranty is over, watch out!!). Next time, I'll secure a win for the home team!!
Good story. Just remember to read the thread above yours about that Challenger driver that got a little crazy in Florida. Take care.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the 09 and newer 5.7's are closer in HP/TQ to the 6.1 than what they are advertised. i cant recall the exact rwhp numbers from a while back, but i recall seeing multiple dyno charts with stock 6.1s and stock 5.7s and the difference was only about 25-30 peak power on average....now the 392 is a different story :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts