Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at exhausts for my 2016 Challenger SRT. Any opinions or thought on this system? Thanks Tony

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,313 Posts
My experience with the Hurst Elite, on my 2010 R/T, 5.7L, automatic wasn't a good one. The Hurst Elite system for my car did not have any resonators on it, which created an annoying DRONE. Had the system for approx: six months, but couldn't stand the drone. Replaced the Hurst with a Borla S-type system and couldn't be happier (been on my car just over a year now). The Hurst system has two center mounted mufflers and straight pipes out the rear. The Borla system has two center mounted mufflers and two small resonator type mufflers just in front of the exhaust tips. Quite a few members with 6-speed manuals don't have drone issues with their resonator delete systems, because they are able to control engine RPMs manually and their differential gear ratios are usually different than the automatic trans set ups. The Hurst system had a great growl, but was over shadowed by the drone at certain speeds. The Borla system has a great growl at any speed (and NO DRONE). My mistake cost me just over $1,300.00 for the Hurst. Check out the Borla S-Type and the Borla -Atak systems. ...JMHO. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience with the Hurst Elite, on my 2010 R/T, 5.7L, automatic wasn't a good one. The Hurst Elite system for my car did not have any resonators on it, which created an annoying DRONE. Had the system for approx: six months, but couldn't stand the drone. Replaced the Hurst with a Borla S-type system and couldn't be happier (been on my car just over a year now). The Hurst system has two center mounted mufflers and straight pipes out the rear. The Borla system has two center mounted mufflers and two small resonator type mufflers just in front of the exhaust tips. Quite a few members with 6-speed manuals don't have drone issues with their resonator delete systems, because they are able to control engine RPMs manually and their differential gear ratios are usually different than the automatic trans set ups. The Hurst system had a great growl, but was over shadowed by the drone at certain speeds. The Borla system has a great growl at any speed (and NO DRONE). My mistake cost me just over $1,300.00 for the Hurst. Check out the Borla S-Type and the Borla -Atak systems. ...JMHO. ;)
Thanks for your input. The Borla S series was my original first choice. The more I read, the more confused I got with all the choices out there. Leaning towards the Borla S series right now. Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I love my Hurst. No drone on mine have the 6speed. I have always been a Magnaflow fan.have to say I think the Hurst is even deeper than a Magnaflow. I had a Mustang at I time with dronemasters on it (Flowmaster) was horible so maybe I didnt notice if the Hurst had a little.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts