Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a great condition 2017 Challenger T/A. My first of a few mods I have planned was to change the shifter handle to a Hurst Pistol Grip. Unfortunately, the only ones I could find for a manual transmission was done up in black. And in the mostly black interior of my Challenger, the shifter all but disappeared. Soooo....with a dremel tool, a sanding wheel, and some polishing pads, I set about the make my pistol grip raw aluminum. I was happy with the shifter handle after most of the black was gone but felt it wasn't interesting enough. On a whim, I took an orbital sander with 60 grit to the sides of the shifter and the texture really made the handle look good. Now, instead of disappearing in the sea of black that is the interior of my car, the shifter stands out!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice work!!!
I too found a super clean yellow 2017 T/A (auto) with only 2500 miles.
I added a Barton shift handle to mine.

View attachment 275163
That looks great! I was thinking of making the "HURST" lettering yellow on mine too, however, the engraving is very shallow and I don't thing I'd be able to just keep the color in the lettering. And congrats on your car. Gomango was originally my favorite color, however, I have absolutely fallen in love with Yellowjacket.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I originally wanted Sublime but ran across this Yellow Jacket I couldn't pass up. To me it was all about reminiscing about the Mopars of the 60/70's. If they weren't an obnoxious color, they weren't Mopars. A friend of mine back then had a 1970 or 71 440 Cuda in yellow and I loved that car. My Yellow Jacket brought back that fond memory so yellow was a good choice for me. Also there is something about the bright yellow and the contrasting black matte that gives the T/A a unique look unlike any of the other model Challengers. Because I am sort of a purest relating to the 70 T/A Challenger and AAR Cuda, the 345 was the only engine for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I originally wanted Sublime but ran across this Yellow Jacket I couldn't pass up. To me it was all about reminiscing about the Mopars of the 60/70's. If they weren't an obnoxious color, they weren't Mopars. A friend of mine back then had a 1970 or 71 440 Cuda in yellow and I loved that car. My Yellow Jacket brought back that fond memory so yellow was a good choice for me. Also there is something about the bright yellow and the contrasting black matte that gives the T/A a unique look unlike any of the other model Challengers. Because I am sort of a purest relating to the 70 T/A Challenger and AAR Cuda, the 345 was the only engine for me.
I'm totally with you! As a young man, I just loved the 70 Challenger and Cudas and their outrageous colors. I never saw a T/A or an AAR until I was in college and even then, it was through the internet. I fell in love with the look and the flat black contrasting with the bright colors. When I bought my Challenger, there was 10 gray T/A's in my price range, a couple of black, and one lone yellow one. Like you, I just coudn't see myself in a gray or black one and I always loved both the orange and the yellow. I just needed that '70's bright combo. Driving it home through the desert after I bought it, jamming to some '70's tunes, I just felt like I had gone back in time in a way, though I was far too young to drive in '70. So I can relate. Of course, the downside is the bright colors also attract the keen eyes of the police but because of that, I drove slower, and safer then I ever have before. Just can't afford the insurance hit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts