Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Available Now

Hurst Pistol Grip Handle for the 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger/Charger and 2018 Durango with Automatic Transmission - Part #5380437

Description:
This new Pistol Grip handle for the 2015-2018 Dodge Challenger/Charger and 2018 Durango with automatic transmission is a great way to add a contemporary performance look to your modern day muscle car. Billet aluminum construction is precision CNC machined. The body features a polished finish while the replaceable grip plates have a black anodized finish and display the iconic Hurst name. The grip features a comfortable shape that just feels “right” in your hand, along with a finger operated trigger mechanism for the lockout function. Easily installed with simple hand tools, and carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

• 6061 Billet Aluminum
• Trigger Operated Lockout Function
• Modern Pistol Grip Styling
• Easy Bolt-On Installation

Hurst Black Pistol Grip Handle for the 2008-2018 Dodge Challenger with Manual Transmission - Part #1531001

Description:
This new Black Pistol Grip handle for the 2008-2018 Dodge Challenger with manual transmission is a great way to add a contemporary performance look to your modern day muscle car. This CNC machined handle is created from billet aluminum and features a black anodized finish. The grip features comfortable finger cutouts that feel “right” in your hand. A billet aluminum adapter is also included to neatly secure the leather shift boot, and to properly mate with the threaded factory shift lever. Built to last, it also carries a Lifetime Limited Warranty.

• 6061 Billet Aluminum Material
• MIL-SPEC Black Anodized Finish
• Classic Hurst Styling
• Bolt-On Installation

Please call 707-544-4761 or visit www.Hurst-Shifters.com for additional application and product information.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Very cool. The website doesn't show them though, even with part # search. At this point I'm just curious about the price.

Reactions: FastMikeR1

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
I have the complete Hurst unit including the base plate it was around $300.00

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool. The website doesn't show them though, even with part # search. At this point I'm just curious about the price.
They look sweet! I'm also curious as to price! If reasonable I think I may just need this! :)
We appreciate the interest! These handles, along with pricing, will be available August 1st at Hurst-Shifters.com. If for some reason you are unable to view these products on our site on the 1st, give us a call at 707-544-4761 and our techs will be happy to provide you with pricing.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just check for automatic and shows out of stock. I signed up for email notification when avail again. Is there a video on installation?
These handles sold out quickly, but we should have them back on the shelves in a couple of weeks. We haven't put together a full-on install video, but we did upload an overview clip. It can be found, along with several other recent videos, on the Hurst Performance YouTube channel.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Checked with my local speed shop and they said $399.00 Cdn plus tax (2weeks shipping) for the #5380437
I really wanted one, but cant justify spending $ 450.00.
Now if I walked into a shop and it was there staring at me for $299.00 out the door, I would have to buy it, no problem.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Checked with my local speed shop and they said $399.00 Cdn plus tax (2weeks shipping) for the #5380437
I really wanted one, but cant justify spending $ 450.00.
Now if I walked into a shop and it was there staring at me for $299.00 out the door, I would have to buy it, no problem.
If you can't order direct from the Hurst website, definitely check Ebay. I just looked at the Ebay Canada site. There are several in the U.S. that will ship to Canada, and the total price to your door is at, or below, the price you're looking for. I got mine on Amazon, and I'm lovin' it.

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
628 Posts
:) Just checked ebay and amazon
317.00 -handle
61.00-customs/import
18.00-shipping

I'll just order thru my local shop.

Hopefully the Hurst rep will read this and confirm 5380437 will fit the 845RE (8HP45) Amazon says its only for the 8HP70 and 90. ( pretty sure this is incorrect ) as you'd think they would all use the same console shift assembly.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I see in the product information on Amazon it does say it fits 2015-2016 Challenger and Chargers. That is a pretty good price. Might have to get this. Feedback says the directions have you leave the OEM shifter attached and inside the console so it doesn't throw a code. Strange...

Would really like to see the install video for challenger.

·
Registered
622 Posts
:) Just checked ebay and amazon
317.00 -handle
61.00-customs/import
18.00-shipping

I'll just order thru my local shop.

Hopefully the Hurst rep will read this and confirm 5380437 will fit the 845RE (8HP45) Amazon says its only for the 8HP70 and 90. ( pretty sure this is incorrect ) as you'd think they would all use the same console shift assembly.
It is just a slip on handle with one set screw and a spring loaded trigger that releases the catch. It's not an actual shifter assembly. I can't imagine it wouldn't work on all A8s. Should work on anything from '15 or '16, but I'm no expert.

Not sure why you're seeing the handle for 317.00. I found one for 277 Canadian, with the import around 53 C and shipping about 16 C, just using one of the postal codes for Toronto I found online.
Here's where I found it, with links to additional ones for sale near the bottom of the page.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hurst-538043...11c2ee9ee:g:qhwAAOSwImRYSw-K&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

Sorry if I'm missing something in the mix regarding the international shipping or exchange rates.

And I can't believe how badly you guys get raped on import duties and taxes. I order internationally occasionally, and face nothing like that down here. :(

Text Product Web page Font Line

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
I see in the product information on Amazon it does say it fits 2015-2016 Challenger and Chargers. That is a pretty good price. Might have to get this. Feedback says the directions have you leave the OEM shifter attached and inside the console so it doesn't throw a code. Strange...

Would really like to see the install video for challenger.
Installation is a breeze. Biggest caution is being careful where you pry to lift out the black panel around the shifter. There is the thin, glossy black trim around the black shifter plate. You pry BETWEEN it and the black shifter plate. Do NOT pry between the glossy black trim strip and the gray console. You'll bend the gray console, which is thin aluminum I think. As far as leaving the stock shifter, yeah it's weird, but no big deal. You remove it all, then plug it back in and stuff it in the nice big open space inside the console in front of the shifter, then put the new one on and put it all back together. I wrapped mine in a ziploc bag to keep it from getting scuffed up, and added a strip of foam insulation tape around it all just in case it wanted to bang around and make noise inside on road bumps. So far, rock solid and silent. You can pull up the installation instructions online to preview them, but be aware that all the photos are from a Charger install. A couple of steps say "Challenger models do not require this step", but otherwise it's pretty simple.

http://files.dpbrands.com/hurst/instructions/5380437.pdf

If I get real ambitious, I may "deconstruct" mine and do a general overview video of how it all looks on our Challengers compared to the printed instructions/Charger installation.

Reactions: metcalf
1 - 20 of 32 Posts