Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hurst Stage 1 Spring Kits for the 2011-2016 Challenger R/T and SRT8 - Part #6130010

Application:
Fits 2011-2016 Dodge Challenger R/T and SRT8 Models

Features:
The Hurst Stage 1 Spring Kit is an excellent choice for firming up the handling of your car and giving it that 'Just Right' stance. These springs will lower your vehicle approximately one inch, closing up that fender gap, lowering your center of gravity for improved handling and braking, and improving overall driving feel. Through careful design and rate tailoring, the Hurst Stage 1 Kit accomplishes all of the above while still being street friendly - truly a 'win-win' situation. Keep it firm, keep it low, keep it HURST.
  • High Performance Handling
  • "Just Right" Stance for the perfect muscle car look
  • Daily driver / Street friendly
  • Lower Center of Gravity - Will lower the vehicle approximately 1 inch
For additional information, visit our website www.hurst-shifters.com or give us a call at 707-544-4761.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,458 Posts
With an inch drop your alignment should be fine. Mine was still in spec but border line after the
Mopar stage one spring install. I've got a question for Hurst since the STP R/T's are considered an ~ an inch lower than the standard R/T would they not get a drop after installing the springs. That was my concern and why I opted to wait for the Mopar springs to be back in stock last year. Even though it doesn't affect me it might help others that are border line on which springs to get.

Take it easy
Jay

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,649 Posts
Watching.

Reactions: shadowrider

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does this effect alignment? Will it need different ball joints or other adjustments?
An alignment is always a good idea after any modification to your vehicle's suspension. After installing Hurst Stage 1 Springs, you will want to check and adjust, if required, the following items:

-Alignment – Camber/Castor/Toe
-Tire/Wheel to Fender Clearance
-Brake line Clearance and Strain Relief
-Wheel Speed Sensor Wires and Strain Relief

No bump stop mods are required and because these are progressive rate springs, no changes to your struts or shocks are necessary. You may find your front camber to be slightly over factory spec after install. This is not a cause for concern, but an adjustable upper A-arm is required if the camber is to be set back to exact factory specifications.

With an inch drop your alignment should be fine. Mine was still in spec but border line after the
Mopar stage one spring install. I've got a question for Hurst since the STP R/T's are considered an ~ an inch lower than the standard R/T would they not get a drop after installing the springs. That was my concern and why I opted to wait for the Mopar springs to be back in stock last year. Even though it doesn't affect me it might help others that are border line on which springs to get.

Take it easy
Jay
Hi Jay,

We don't have numbers for the Super Track Pack cars specifically, but on 2011-2014 Challenger R/Ts and SRT-8s, excluding the load leveling rear, we achieved a 1-1/2" drop in the front and a 1" drop in the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,649 Posts
Need a quote Hurst team, please ping me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We can officially confirm that our Hurst Stage 1 Lowering Spring Kit (Hurst part# 6130010) fits all 2011-2018 V6 Dodge Challengers.

This Hurst Stage 1 Lowering Kit was originally engineered for the R/T and SRT8 models but after many sleepless nights of rigorous testing by our Research & Development Team all V6 Challenger owners can now be one step closer to becoming a member of the Hurst Elite Series.

*It should be noted that because of the difference in weight between the V8 and V6 options you can expect a front-end drop of approximately .75” and a rear end drop of .50”, not the 1.00” drop all around like their V8 counterparts.

For additional fitment options or questions go to www.Hurst-Shifters.com or call 707-544-4761.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.