Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So As some of you know, my plate since I moved to Jersey has been DARTHRT, seen here with an Ewok:

So I few days ago I go to get my drivers license renewed and in the process I received a new New Jersey Motor Vehicles online ID. In Jersey you can doa bunch of stuff online inducing order plates, that's how I got DARTHRT but I lost my old ID so getting the new one made me go on and just look around, always dangerous.

After failing to find a reasonable or witty way of spelling mini van (the online program tells you if the name is taken already so you can keep choosing... it's like a game) I remembered I originally wanted about 3 or 4 plates that were taken. I looked them up....

DARTH, taken.
DETHSTR, taken....

TIE FTR, AVAILABLE!!!!

SO, in a few weeks I will hang up DARTHRT and rock these plates:

I had to share with people I knew would get how excited car people get with new plates.... and they are still only 50 bucks in Jersey, maybe the last remaining good deal out there.

See you in space!

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
nice! 50 bucks what a deal...over 100 here. I actually like TIE FTR better, great choice :smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,720 Posts
Some times change is good, although I liked DARTHRT. Of course if a new Hellcat is in your future the new plate makes a lot of sense.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Congrats on the new plate. :smileup:

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some times change is good, although I liked DARTHRT. Of course if a new Hellcat is in your future the new plate makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, these days, it was new plate OR a Hellcat.... went with the plate.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,720 Posts
Yeah, these days, it was new plate OR a Hellcat.... went with the plate.
Yeah better to eat than not LOL. Which would happen to me if I bought one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
How long between custom plate renewals in your neck of the woods? Just one time then regular renewals?

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,975 Posts
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was taking a differnt direction. Glad to see its only the plate being replaced...enjoy the new moniker!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,555 Posts
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was taking a differnt direction. Glad to see its only the plate being replaced...enjoy the new moniker!
I thought the same thing, enjoy the new plates! I know you're excited about it!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Congrats on the new plate! I have never really gotten around to ordering custom plates for mine. I have never come up with a catchy enough phrase. They are over !00 here but if it's good enough and no one else has it then why not?
They're renewable here for life and transferrable.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Thought you were trading the CAR in, glad it was just the plate. Nice choice on the new plate!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,685 Posts
You'll need this racing helmet

Gear shift knob

new floormats

and a new EVIC

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great responses!

Okay, so the story gets much funnier.

So I get this e mail not 15 minutes after proccesing goes through:

Requested Plate Number: TIE FTR
Reason for Denial: Need Further Clarification

So after some calls I am on the phone explaining to Belinda, the DMV lady, what a TIE fighter is. (Twin Ion Engine for those who don't geek out)

She approves me, guessing by my enthusiasm that A. I am not lying B. I am a nerd and C. TIE FTR is not some kind of marshal arts gang or something.

Good start to the day and a conversation I never thought I would have.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,685 Posts
She approves me, guessing by my enthusiasm that A. I am not lying B. I am a nerd and C. TIE FTR is not some kind of marshal arts gang or something.
You'd fit right in here in San Diego this week at the Comic-Con! :smileup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts