Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I am brand new to the forum and wasn't to sure where to post so I decided to start a new thread. My name is David from Marin County (11 Miles north of San Francisco), and my forum name is irongame

I had a good day today (very good actually!). I pre-ordered a 2015 SRT Hellcat (very excited). I checked off all the very few options that were available including a sun-roof (which I did not really want but I wasn't going to leave anything off)... the Black Satin hood... the Black Napa leather performance seats... larger navigational screen... red seat-belts... and some kind of engine block warmer or cooler (can anyone tell me what that is or how it benefits the vehicle)?

After much self-debate I chose the Granite Crystal (dark Grey) color with the Black Satin hood. There were no racing stripes or bill-board graphics offered - (which was a little disappointing). But I figured I could always add them on later at a good paint shop.

I am 49 years old and grew up in the muscle car hey-days (before they became over-priced). I have owned a 1970 440 Super-Bird (red) which I later traded for a 1971 Hemi-Roadrunner in plum purple. I used to own Mustang's and Camaro's but the first time I got blown away racing a 1969 Changer on Highway 101 I knew I wanted to be a Mopar head.

I would greatly appreciate any tips or advice on how to add that little extra customized look to my wicked Hellcat. Including any kind of Hellcat windshield banner or billboard graphics. Idea's are more than welcome and to anyone living in my corner of the world who would like to check out my Hellcat (whenever I get it) or go for a ride or maybe even try it out for themselves post here.

Thanx all.....:4-wavey:

·
Registered
560 Posts
David welcome to the forum and Congrats on your new Hellcat purchase. I wish you lived close to me. lol Enjoy when it arrives.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum. I know if it were me ordering a Hellcat I would have a lot of sleepless nights waiting for it to arrive.
Can't wait to see pic's. Did they give you an approximate delivery date?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi td and SteveH. Thanx for the warm welcome.

Basically they told me at (Marin Dodge) where I ordered it - that I would probably get the car in December or January (which is what I figured considering they are only making 300 of them). I did request that they ask Dodge if they would do a custom order for racing stripes on mine which are not being offered in any configuration of Hellcat (I'm not hopeful). Which is fine because I will find a high end paint shop that will do a personal customized job for me - I was thinking of having the rather evil looking Hellcat emblem painted down each side of the rear quarter panels in the same red the brake calipers and red accented interior cues are done in. And maybe even a larger Red Hellcat painted on the Black Satin hood. It's something I have plenty of time to think about.

The sleepness night thing is over with lol I went through it just trying to decide between buying the Shelby GT500 or the new Z28 or the Hellcat. I think I chose right between the 3 Beasts :D I did lose a few nights trying to decide on the color I wanted for my Hellcat. I originally was going to do the Lime, then one of the two different Blacks, but after checking out some of the new Dodge vehicles with the same Granite Crystal Grey it won me over - Especially with an all Blacked out Napa leather interior with red accented seat belts and a few other red features. The Granite Crystal Grey also kind of matches the very cool Hellcat wheels which have a Greyish/Metal hue to them.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,615 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
(which is what I figured considering they are only making 300 of them).
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy!

Someone gave you bad information. They are producing as many Challenger Hellcats as people order.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I figured as much. Which is actually good news, now I know my order will go through lol

Dodge is being very sly about everything related to the Hellcat. I could not find any detailed information on an options list until i went to buy the darn thing. And even then it was very cryptic and secretive.

I read they even fibbed on the HP rating. It is closer to 770HP than the advertised 707HP

It all adds to the mystic. I know someone at the same dealership (Marin Dodge) where I bought mine at - ordered a Pearl White SRT Hellcat and a Pearl White SRT Charger with the same supercharged engine all in one order (sweet!). The sales manager said that all the mechanics, salesman and car detailers are on notice that NO one will drive any of the Hellcats that are ordered. They are to "gas it up, then wash and detail it at the spot they are dropped off from the delivery truck" which is actually a good thing.

They couldn't even give me the full optioned price of what it was going to cost me. I cut them a check for $50,000 and will pay the balance upon delivery? I left there both excited and confused lol I believe the total bill will come out to around $65,000 depending if Dodge will customize my order by putting racing stripes on it.

·
12,989 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,015 Posts
Congrats on the Beast, and welcome to the 'Z' from Illinois.-:D

Almost forgot. If you're getting the engine block heater, it will help start your car on those sub-zero mornings you get in San Francisco. When you get delivery in January, drive up to Illinois and I'll personally show you how it works. lol-:hah:

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
welcome, as was stated the block heater will help to start the car on those very cold days, basically a heating element is placed in the block to keep the coolant warm....thus making it easy to start the car on the freezing cold days....it's pretty much a standard feature up here, when the temp dips own around -30 or so with high wind chills it can be tough to start her up...plug her in at night and no isssues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Maryland. Enjoy the site.

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
I figured as much. Which is actually good news, now I know my order will go through lol

Dodge is being very sly about everything related to the Hellcat. I could not find any detailed information on an options list until i went to buy the darn thing. And even then it was very cryptic and secretive.

I read they even fibbed on the HP rating. It is closer to 770HP than the advertised 707HP

It all adds to the mystic. I know someone at the same dealership (Marin Dodge) where I bought mine at - ordered a Pearl White SRT Hellcat and a Pearl White SRT Charger with the same supercharged engine all in one order (sweet!). The sales manager said that all the mechanics, salesman and car detailers are on notice that NO one will drive any of the Hellcats that are ordered. They are to "gas it up, then wash and detail it at the spot they are dropped off from the delivery truck" which is actually a good thing.

They couldn't even give me the full optioned price of what it was going to cost me. I cut them a check for $50,000 and will pay the balance upon delivery? I left there both excited and confused lol I believe the total bill will come out to around $65,000 depending if Dodge will customize my order by putting racing stripes on it.
Welcome to the Z and congrats on your order for the most awesome muscle car of all time!! It is well documented around here how a few dealers are going by MSRP on these pre-orders and most others are adding 10 grand or so mark-up. Your out the door price with all options is almost certainly going to be over 65 if your dealer works off MSRP....and maybe alot more if you don't have some kind of meeting of the minds. I'm a little concerned about what is going to happen when you go to pay the balance becouse I believe all the option prices have been released already.:4-wavey:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome from Michigan, Wow a Helllcat.... Congrats, I bet even the dealership is excited to see your car arrive as well... did you say 770hp? first I have heard that...

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Congrats on the order, I'm jealous to say the least. Just my opinion but the Hellcat is such tough looking car stock I wouldn't add any stripes or anything else. Save your money for tires, you might need them soon.

I usually don't extend this offer to a new member but in your case, I'll make an exception. I'll break in your car at no cost to you. They require a very special break in. Trailer the car to my house an you can take my RT home with you to drive and I'll make sure your car is ready to go in a few months. I'll have to evaluate your car, it could take 2 to 6 months, and you'll probably need new tires at that time. I'll even promise to only race it in the 1/8 mile.

I hope you get the car soon and enjoy it.

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Welcome from Michigan, Wow a Helllcat.... Congrats, I bet even the dealership is excited to see your car arrive as well... did you say 770hp? first I have heard that...

I would bet you are right, dealership can't wait to get one....keep an eye on the milage and the tires....I'm sure they will have a few eager drivers wanting to go take the car for a spirited romp

1 - 20 of 80 Posts