Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stuck driving a Pirus rental until my car gets out the shop...

To give you some back story I started having trouble with my car about a week ago when I noticed it was having some trouble accelerating between 2-3000 rpms.

A check engine light popped on Friday http://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/check-engine-light-woes.117261/#post-1149392

And I dropped my car off and picked up a rental today.

Not sure how long I have to drive this...cringes...Pirus as they are going to run the scans on my car sometime tomorrow.

I hope it is a quick fix, but the Dodge dealerships near me are notorious for being backlogged on time and parts.

Then there is the hope that most of what is wrong will be a warranty issue, as the car has about 27k on it and another year and half left on the factory warranty. *Not holding my breath and preparing to have my innocence forcefully taken at the counter.

As of now every time I get into this dang Pirus I keep wondering "is it on yet?"

Now I know how George felt...

·
Registered
154 Posts
One thing I love about moments like these is when you get your car back, it feels like a brand new car all over again. It's like seeing a long lost friend again.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
54,846 Posts
Our company cars are Impalas and Priuses and I drive one or the other every day and I hate the Prius, it has a terrible ride, terrible road noise,you can't see out the rear window, it has aweful blind spots,the driver controls are not logical. It is quicker than you might think.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i used to have a 13 dart 1.4t that i had all done up pretty good. when that went in for work they gave me the gayest bright yellow fiat ever. my wife works second shift and when she got home she actually woke me up to laugh at nme for how gay the car was lol. i got a ton of crap when i went to work the next day too. i asked the guy dont you have a brown one atleast so i dont stand out so much? thankfully i only needed to drive it 2 days i think it was. i try to block it out so im not sure exactly how long it was......

Reactions: DJ2010RT

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
See if you can reenact the Prius commecials that Toyota has on TV. See if if can do what they claim. If its on TV it must be true, right?

Hope all goes well for you and you get your Challenger back soon and ditch that tin can

·
Premium Member
12,625 Posts
You know what 'Walter" has to say about people who drive a Prius???

·
Registered
432 Posts
I feel your pain. Last time mine was in I got a Ford Focus. I was getting smoked from every light and when I got on the freeway it was like the space shuttle taking off trying to get it up to speed to merge.

·
Business
21,591 Posts
Id would be taking out my frustration out on that Pruis. Beat the hell outta that thing. Hope your Challenger gets fixed up soon.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I'm stuck driving a Pirus rental until my car gets out the shop...

To give you some back story I started having trouble with my car about a week ago when I noticed it was having some trouble accelerating between 2-3000 rpms.

A check engine light popped on Friday http://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/check-engine-light-woes.117261/#post-1149392

And I dropped my car off and picked up a rental today.

Not sure how long I have to drive this...cringes...Pirus as they are going to run the scans on my car sometime tomorrow.

I hope it is a quick fix, but the Dodge dealerships near me are notorious for being backlogged on time and parts.

Then there is the hope that most of what is wrong will be a warranty issue, as the car has about 27k on it and another year and half left on the factory warranty. *Not holding my breath and preparing to have my innocence forcefully taken at the counter.

As of now every time I get into this dang Pirus I keep wondering "is it on yet?"

Now I know how George felt...

PLEASE!!!
While driving the Prius, please overcome the urge to hang out in the #1 lane while doing 5mph under the posted speed limit. I guess those cars get excellent fuel economy and drivers appear to be hell bent on getting maximum mpg. They never seem to figure out why drivers pass, cuss and gesture at them on the roads.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts

Go ahead ...,try this with your Prius rental...lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The vehicle is back in the driveway, I can now do things like speak with bass in my voice, chop lumber, and restart growing my beard.

When the Prius was in my driveway it just fit neatly in.

With my Challenger I had to keep backing in and out several times because it was too much from my driveway to take all at once.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
PLEASE!!!
While driving the Prius, please overcome the urge to hang out in the #1 lane while doing 5mph under the posted speed limit. I guess those cars get excellent fuel economy and drivers appear to be hell bent on getting maximum mpg. They never seem to figure out why drivers pass, cuss and gesture at them on the roads.
man I swear I thought it was just me giving them the mean look

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The vehicle is back in the driveway, I can now do things like speak with bass in my voice, chop lumber, and restart growing my beard.

When the Prius was in my driveway it just fit neatly in.

With my Challenger I had to keep backing in and out several times because it was too much from my driveway to take all at once.
Yeah that challenger is a BIG girl or guy. I love it, it says America lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts