Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I'm on my way to work and I'm driving my "beater," a '95 Firehawk, when I see a Challenger coming up behind me on a 4-lane rd coming into town. It was a cool looking white R/T with custom wheels and exhuast. (BTW, I'm kind of partial to white R/Ts!) So I was actually hoping to get their attention to invite them to a car show this weekend and to compliment them on the great car! So, we come into town to a stoplight and the R/T is closing in on me. It now notices my car and tailgates me all the way to the next light (1/2 mile). At the next light, it shoots around me letting me hear the custom exhaust roar and goes on down the road well ahead of me. Dilemmas:
1. I'm a teacher, and even though it is early in the AM, not sure if I want to get caught speeding if I raced
2. As much as I respect Challengers, my Firehawk is not stock so I think I could've done well in a race but....
3. Do I want to race against a fellow Challenger owner and possibly show them up?

It is now a moot point, but: What would you do? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ha! I'm a teacher too. A little while back I had a mustang messing around and I finally smoked him. The next night at our parent night the guy walks in. Yeah he was one of my student's Dad. He told me when he was in school none of his teachers drove cool cars.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Would have been fun to watch! Two American Muscle machines duking it out!:smileup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
As an owner of 3 Trans Ams, I am well aware of the firehawks capabilities. Both cars are rather heavy but assuming both cars were stock I think you would have had him.

But as a 30 year LEO I thank you for not racing on the street.

·
12,989 Posts
I probably would have smiled and waved and maybe snickered a bit, LOL, When I was younger I probably would have done this!! :shrk:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts