Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2018 392 to get gas for the first time today and got 87. I didn’t even think about it!!! It had about 1/4 tank left of the premium fuel. What do I need to do? I don’t my car ruined after the first day. Thanks!!!

Andrea Supermom
www.youtube.com/andreasupermom
Instagram: Andreasupermom

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
You will bet fine. Our cars have computerized anti-knock sensors that will retard your timing to adjust. You probably won't even notice it; just a little less power for now.
Or, you can go to almost any auto-parts store and get octane booster. They run from $1-$4 per container depending on quality and strength. Add that to your tank and once it gets mixed in with the 87 octane, it should boost you up and give you more power.
But again, if you do nothing, you'll be fine!

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,969 Posts
You will bet fine. Our cars have computerized anti-knock sensors that will retard your timing to adjust. You probably won't even notice it; just a little less power for now.
Or, you can go to almost any auto-parts store and get octane booster. They run from $1-$4 per container depending on quality and strength. Add that to your tank and once it gets mixed in with the 87 octane, it should boost you up and give you more power.
But again, if you do nothing, you'll be fine!
That's being said, and it is correct, I would get the gas down as far as possible and then fill up with premium. Also, I would avoid any WOT blasts until you get new gas.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I agree with what Dan (Bad8nti) said above. Take his advise and you'll be fine.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,554 Posts
I have a feeling you won't ever forget again! LOL!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What octane premium do you typically get?
If you typically use 91 and have 93 available, you would only have to get slightly over a half a tank full of the 93 to bring the total mix close to 91. That way you wouldn't have to wait as long to get the gas.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try the Shell Vpower fuel it has the most additives to help keep your fuel system and engine clean. Shell also has a fuel rewards card were you can save money on fuel every time you swipe the card you save.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts