Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 T/A has always worked fine. Drove it yesterday. Today I went to start it and the message center about the steering wheel started flashing. It said remote start was inactive then said something about my fob. I tried the lights and they were dim. I replaced my fob battery. Now it's like the car battery is dead. The car is so dead, the trunk will not open to access the battery.
Ideas?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,625 Posts
If you can open the hood you can jump it from there, that will allow you to pop the trunk even if it won't start.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I was nose into the garage so I couldn't jump it from there. I am 65 and don't go under kitchen sinks or crawl through trunks like I used to. Especially with a rear tower brace LOL. But I got the trunk open and I am replacing the battery.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Usually the battery will last until the first cold spell so you don't have to sweat as much when replacing it. Is it a factory remote starter? 3 years for a battery seems a little light but depending on when it was built I guess it could be closer to 4 which I take it is when you should start thinking about replacement. Hopefully a new battery is all you needed ( along with a long socket extension).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts