Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I should have bought 275/40/20 tires, but I could not return the 275/45/20 due to the shipping cost almost being 60%-70% of what I paid for the tires. I left the 245/45/20 tires in the front and put the 275/45/20 in the rear. The 275/45/20 won’t fit in the front. Here is a picture of the tire. I couldn’t find any pictures online where people put a 275/45/20 in the rear. So here it is. Hopefully this helps someone out there so they can get a visual of how a tire this size looks. It is a tight squeeze, but they work. I plan on putting 275/45/20 tires in the back in the future. Let me know if y’all want me to post more pictures. Take care y’all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,155 Posts
No big deal, it will cause your speedometer reading to be off, but you find out how much and account for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No big deal, it will cause your speedometer reading to be off, but you find out how much and account for it.
Exactly. I know it’s not the most ideal set up, but I got 4 tires in the same size for about $560 and it would have cost about $350-$400 just to ship them back. I plan on keeping this set up until I need new tires. I’ll make sure I get the correct aspect ratio next time😅

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,651 Posts
No it will not,, speedometer reading comes from front wheels.

·
Administrator
58,651 Posts
Exactly. I know it’s not the most ideal set up, but I got 4 tires in the same size for about $560 and it would have cost about $350-$400 just to ship them back. I plan on keeping this set up until I need new tires. I’ll make sure I get the correct aspect ratio next time😅
I have that exact set up on my Scat Pack, it works great although my wheels are 20×9.

Reactions: BlackonBlackonBlack

·
Administrator
58,651 Posts
i was always under the impression that on an 8 inch rim, the sidewall would be bulging out too much and ruin the contact area of the tire itself.
You have to see what the manufacturer recommends. They warranty the tires so they know best.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was always under the impression that on an 8 inch rim, the sidewall would be bulging out too much and ruin the contact area of the tire itself.
Looking at it on my car, they don’t bulge out at all. I was worried about the same thing when I was gonna put them on. I’ll post a picture of the tires from behind so y’all can see.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know I should have bought 275/40/20 tires, but I could not return the 275/45/20 due to the shipping cost almost being 60%-70% of what I paid for the tires. I left the 245/45/20 tires in the front and put the 275/45/20 in the rear. The 275/45/20 won’t fit in the front. Here is a picture of the tire. I couldn’t find any pictures online where people put a 275/45/20 in the rear. So here it is. Hopefully this helps someone out there so they can get a visual of how a tire this size looks. It is a tight squeeze, but they work. I plan on putting 275/45/20 tires in the back in the future. Let me know if y’all want me to post more pictures. Take care y’all.
[/QUOTE

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got an update for y’all. On the interstate, they are a little buzzy, but I personally don’t care. I drove a Nissan Titan for 8 years and it rode a little tough. However, there is no buzzing between 0-75 MPH

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,155 Posts
No it will not,, speedometer reading comes from front wheels.
I thought exactly the same thing but when I changed to the 295/35/20s in the rear if offset my speedometer by 2 mph, now with the 275/40/20s which are the same outer diameter as the 245/45/20s, it is now reading the correct speed.

·
Administrator
58,651 Posts
I thought exactly the same thing but when I changed to the 295/35/20s in the rear if offset my speedometer by 2 mph, now with the 275/40/20s which are the same outer diameter as the 245/45/20s, it is now reading the correct speed.
Mine is running right on the money with 245 front and 275 rear.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Got an update for y’all. On the interstate, they are a little buzzy, but I personally don’t care. I drove a Nissan Titan for 8 years and it rode a little tough. However, there is no buzzing between 0-75 MPH
The reason they're "buzzy" is that only the center portion of the tire is making contact with the road, the narrow rim is causing the sides to bugle up. If this doesn't make sense to you or you don't believe me, check your tires in 10,000 and you'll see the wear pattern.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts