Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Besides the beautiful pipes, that's a heluva ramp setup you have as well. Post a sound clip some time if you can.

Thanks
Thanks, I built those ramps because when I was swapping my open differential to a limited slip, the jack I was using slipped off the metal, the car only dropped 1 1/2" because I had additional support that didn't let it drop any further. When the jack slipped it was very loud and scared the crap out of me, since my next planned project was to install the shorty headers which was on the heavier end of the car, I decided to build those ramps. They have changed working on the car from a dreaded ordeal, to a piece of cake, but I had the room in the back yard to build them, not everyone does.

Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape Tree

This was immediately after sealing them last year and they already need it done again.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
272 Posts
Thanks for the pics, how do you keep them from splaying/rolling laterally to the direction of the ramps? I realize they look like they are about 12 inches wide but is that stable enough without additional bracing or perhaps you have that ?

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
513 Posts
Swear you can not go by audio. Gotta be around the cars to hear what sounds like what

My buddy’s 57 sounds wicked in person. Sounds like shit on my iPhone

*dunno if it was Steve at Solo or who I talked to on messenger but SUPER honest AND was willing to break up a system for me and sell me just one part of it. Two thumbs up 👍👍

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Great write up really enjoyed... I've been interested in getting my X to H done also... Thanks... 👍

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the pics, how do you keep them from splaying/rolling laterally to the direction of the ramps? I realize they look like they are about 12 inches wide but is that stable enough without additional bracing or perhaps you have that ?
The ramps are tied off in the front with ground stakes 2" x 4" treated material driven 3' in the ground and that keeps the ramps 100% vertical, they are made of 2" x 12"s and 4" x 4"s.

Plant Natural landscape Tree Land lot Wood

Plant Wood Land lot Tree Grass

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Do you have video or audio of the new exhaust? How much did they charge you to fabricate it?
No to the video and audio, and it was right at $1,000.00 for them.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It is amazing the sound difference the H pipe makes, around town I have to be much more careful accelerating and not drawing unwanted attention from LEOs. I knew it was guaranteed to increase torque, all the X pipe, H pipe tests on the internet proved that. But for that to happen translated to a driving experience it is quicker off the line, and accelerates easier and smoother and is louder, the louder I was hoping for! But also as quiet as you need it to be, I can be next to an LEO and not get a 2nd look with it idling and leaving slowly.

When you can turn it loose without concern for LEOs, it is flat fun to drive again and puts a smile across my face! Black Beauty has had Flowmaster American Thunder, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs, Magnaflow Competition X Pipe Exhaust, and now SOLOs H pipe Performance Exhaust, and it sounds better than ever, and performs better than ever.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts