Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That it has wayyyyyy too much power for me right now! Lol. I never thought I would say that, but wow. Car was freaking amazing. I've never driven anything so fast before, especially coming from my 2 previous vehicles, a 2006 Chevy Malibu and 2012 Dodge Charger SE.

The SRT8 was a beautiful hemi orange pearl. Bone stock, 22k miles. My sales person was a young guy who owns a 35th edition 2002 Camaro v6. So we leave the lot, and I'm cruising down hwy 59 in Houston, taking my time, enjoying the spacious interior and smooth ride. I make a u turn and before I get back on the interstate, my sales person tells me to go ahead and nail it. I ask if he's sure that's okay. He tells me "man, you're test driving a freaking SRT. Unleash the power of the 6.1 Hemi!" So I do. And Jesus H. Christ, the car sounds like a freaking jet engine. At any given moment, I'm expecting a dispatcher from Hobby airport to come over the radio and tell me I'm clear for take off in lane 4, the car to sprout wings, and off into the night sky we go. By the time we snatched 85 I was already on the brakes. And this was an automatic!! I can't even imagine a 6 speed or even better, a 392!! I can honestly say that at 23 going on 24, the SRT is a little much for me right now. I cannot even blame my insurance company if my premium would be 500.00 a month lol. For now, the 5.7 is going to be the perfect fit. Maybe once I'm 29 or 30 I'll see about getting the new SRT8 model!

Soon...soon I can officially join the challenger family!!

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
You will find the 5.7 has a lot of guts, too. Took me about a month to get used to the punch it gave you right in the center of your chest! My wife still won't let me dig into it when she's in the Challenger! It scares the crap outta her!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah. Same thing here with the power thing. Too afraid to jump into an SRT. The RT 5.7 is perfect to start with. The right amount of power and not do the crazy YouTube crashes I've seen with people who just can't be responsible with that kind of car. My wife sneaks the car out when I'm at work just to drive it. She won't park it as she knows I'll be calling a Divorce Attorney if it has a ding. But she loves driving it. I gotta find another Challenger for her . . .

·
Registered
871 Posts
That it has wayyyyyy too much power for me right now! By the time we snatched 85 I was already on the brakes. And this was an automatic!! I can't even imagine a 6 speed!
Glad you got to see the power of a Hemi engine. Don't minimize the automatic, it has been proven at the track that Challengers with automatics turn faster times. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
SRT's are Mopar beasts no doubt! ....but the Torque coming out of a 5.7 will snap your neck back and make you take notice. Whatever model you choose.....it's a Challenger, so you'll be a Rock Star no matter what!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, I thought the story was going to end that you traded in and drove it home.
I wanted too but the deal wasn't sweet enough. I'm in negotiations with a dealer on a 2012 RT however as we speak.

Question for you guys: what is the challenger radio with nav. I know the 430 rbz is the touchscreen radio, but is that nav as well. Trying to see will the dealer throw that in for me if it's reasonably priced.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I wanted too but the deal wasn't sweet enough. I'm in negotiations with a dealer on a 2012 RT however as we speak.

Question for you guys: what is the challenger radio with nav. I know the 430 rbz is the touchscreen radio, but is that nav as well. Trying to see will the dealer throw that in for me if it's reasonably priced.
No....the 430 is only the Touch Screen...the 730gig includes the NAV.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No....the 430 is only the Touch Screen...the 730gig includes the NAV.
Thank you so much for the quick response. One more question, let's say I get the dealer to upgrade the 130 to the 430...is the 430 to 730 upgrade plug and play? Basically just hide a gps antenna somewhere and the rest of the harnesses connect right up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.