Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I just sold one of my bikes and after everything is said and done I've got $1400 set aside to blow on my car. I've got a set of jba shorties waiting for a warm day or a cam install lol I can't decide want I want. As if right now the car is stock besides a reso delete. Due to my schedule I don't really go to the track much so this will be mostly a street machine. Well guys here's 1400 help me spend it lol.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,028 Posts
Buy a catch can and a tuner and save the rest of the cash for gas so you can drive the living daylights out of your machine....

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Buy a catch can and a tuner and save the rest of the cash for gas so you can drive the living daylights out of your machine....
Yeah a tuner is on the list and I installed a catch can the day I picked her up. I might just buy a 85mmTB and catless mids. And be done for the time being. Idk what I want. Thanks for the advice.

·
13,007 Posts
Tuner, CAI, 180 T'stat .

·
Registered
430 Posts
Interesting . . .

I was just thinking the same thing, but on a slightly larger scale.

Considering a Shaker Hood Kit with paint, crating, shipping, etc is going to be bumping near $3K, and it "might" create some additional horsepower, I was wondering what could be done to the 5.7 for the same $3K . . .
Cam?
Heads?
Headers?
Intake manifold?

Anyone have any numbers (HP/TQ) that could be purchased for $3K?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Interesting . . .

Anyone have any numbers (HP/TQ) that could be purchased for $3K?
0HP/0TQ almost nothing can be added to a stock 5.7 for 3K to make any power to speak of.

Heads waste of money, stock eagle heads flow great.
Hood or CAI adds absolutely nothing HP wise.
Catless mids will add nothing HP wise.
Headers will add next to nothing HP wise.

Arrington did just put a custom cut cam and reworked the heads on a guy I know 5.7 car. After the custom tune and everything else was said and done he picked up 76 HP. He is going to the track this week end so we will see if what the gain was, that is the only real place to see gains.
The price has not been released but I would bet the farm it would be way over 3K and closer to 5K for the work done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
0HP/0TQ almost nothing can be added to a stock 5.7 for 3K to make any power to speak of.

Arrington did just put a custom cut cam and reworked the heads on a guy I know 5.7 car. After the custom tune and everything else was said and done he picked up 76 HP. He is going to the track this week end so we will see if what the gain was, that is the only real place to see gains.
The price has not been released but I would bet the farm it would be way over 3K and closer to 5K for the work done.

That is dang near in a used procharger price range.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hmmmm. Looks like the best thing to do would be to look for a used SRT8 and trade my car with a little boot . . .

I will bet Arrington's labor is in the $3K range.

Please post the numbers if you get them. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I would like to see those numbers as well... if it is around 5k for that deal then you mine as well just hold out, double you money and go the supercharger route. I say double your money because from what I've heard you will need to upgrade the full exhaust to a 3" as well as other performance parts under the hood.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I would like to see those numbers as well... if it is around 5k for that deal then you mine as well just hold out, double you money and go the supercharger route. I say double your money because from what I've heard you will need to upgrade the full exhaust to a 3" as well as other performance parts under the hood.
You dont need any exhaust upgrades for a supercharger and there are several used maggies out there right now for 5K. SRT upgrade is a waste of money too for the cost difference you can mod your RT and be faster than the SRT.

·
Registered
430 Posts
You dont need any exhaust upgrades for a supercharger and there are several used maggies out there right now for 5K. SRT upgrade is a waste of money too for the cost difference you can mod your RT and be faster than the SRT.
What mods? The mods are what I'm looking for but I don't want a supercharger.

·
13,007 Posts

The price has not been released but I would bet the farm it would be way over 3K and closer to 5K for the work done.[/QUOTE

The Supercharger is still clearly the best bang for your buck when it comes to bolt on H.P.

Reactions: williams rt

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
What mods? The mods are what I'm looking for but I don't want a supercharger.
The only mod is a supercharger or turbo to be faster than a SRT for less money than trading. Why do you not want a supercharger?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Considering the thread was hijacked and the budget just doubled I just might have to go to Vegas.
lol so you think the thread was hijacked? lets get back to what you want to hear instead of reality then.
Spend your 1400.00 to go fast on, catless mids, tuner, 180 stat and a CAI to top it off. Your new found 10hp with all those mods will make the car scream :smileup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Considering the thread was hijacked and the budget just doubled I just might have to go to Vegas.
I hope it didn't hijack the thread. I apologize if I did, but I was trying to help you spend some money.

Perhaps you only wanted dress up mods. I wasn't sure. I thought we were on the same page.

A supercharger isn't in my game plan. I don't want to spend that kind of money. I will just stay where I am and get the Shaker kit and add 15 horsepower . . . LOL! :strokin:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
lol so you think the thread was hijacked? lets get back to what you want to hear instead of reality then.
Spend your 1400.00 to go fast on, catless mids, tuner, 180 stat and a CAI to top it off. Your new found 10hp with all those mods will make the car scream :smileup:
Awesome! 10hp? Man that's more thn I expected. Maybe I'll be able to have a feature on street outlaws with all of those extra ponies.

Ps the budget was 1400.

I hope it didn't hijack the thread. I apologize if I did, but I was trying to help you spend some money.

Perhaps you only wanted dress up mods. I wasn't sure. I thought we were on the same page.

A supercharger isn't in my game plan. I don't want to spend that kind of money. I will just stay where I am and get the Shaker kit and add 15 horsepower . . . LOL! :strokin:
Haha no your fine there's nothing better than day dreaming. Lol If I had 7k to blow id definitely be buying a supercharger but until then I figured id start with the basics. From what Williamsrt was saying I'll get a whopping 10hp and I'll be able to terrorize the streets no problem lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
If I tell my Chivvy Buddy I got an additional 15 horsepower out of my exhaust system, and another 15 out of the Cervini's Ram Air kit he will scratch his head and say: "You are gettin the same horsepower you had in your C6 Vette. . . Damn!"

He never has gotten over me whippin his butt with my MRL Performance powered 66 Barracuda. It was a 318 putting out exceptional HP/TQ and easily thumped his "massaged" 350 Chivvy powered 34 Ford Coupe.

Unless you are participating in serious, sanctioned racing it all boils down to who can tell the biggest lies at the Cruise In . . . Just don't get caught out on the street with your pants down.:hah:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.