Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are sketches I made for repainting the hood after I get the shaker installed. The stripes running to the sides will tie in to the existing stripes on the car. Do you think the bigger (top) stripes look too muck like a Camaro?

I'm sort of leaning towards the one on the bottom. Not too much overkill with the orange.

Attachments

·
RELIVN
301 Posts
I agree. The one on the bottom will be unique and stand out from the rest.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I dig both of 'em, the bottom one is very unique... But if I had to choose one I'd pick the top one. Good luck on the choice, whichever one you pick will look good! :smileup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! The guy that painted the existing stripes came up with the current scheme on his own. I'll probably ask him for his input too.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It's you car and your choice, but my rule of thumb is that a car should only have one set of stripes per car. If you have them on the side then you don't have them on the hood or vise versa. Also you never blend two different stripes together, I think it just becomes too much.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too late. Already there. You'd need to check out my pics to see how it looks now.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i'd choose the top scheme.

·
Banned
149 Posts
Either way would be fine though Of the two I would say the bottom thumbnail is smoother, flows better and looks similar to the Shaker design.

IMO, with either design, you might wish to look into adding a orange grille surround, to further accent the shaker look.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm kind of leaning toward the bottom example, but I will wait to see what the painter thinks. I'm trying to pinch pennies, but don't want to be disappointed with the final outcome.

I saw a white Camaro in the neighborhood a couple of weeks ago and the hood had the big wide ornage stripes on it. I don't even want to be associated with that!

I'll have to check out the grille surround. That might look good!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I prefer the lower photo version.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I think it sort of looks like to 2014 factory scheme.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Neither Less is better on white , with a shaker Leave stripes off hood if you have to have stripes do them on the side, main reason If I got a new Shaker car the stripes would be gone they distract for the Shaker. You paid good money to get it Why hide and disguise it???

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I prefer to call it "highlighting the shaker" The scoop will remain black. :smileup:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like the bottom stripes wth a few adjustments. It looks similar to the stripes I am hoping to put on my RT. I am still waiting for the vinyl shop to give me my quote so I can stripe the car to match the boat.

Here is the car and the boat together:

The bow of the boat:

And here is a layout of the stripes I want to add. The center stripes will be silver and go all the way from bumper to bumper over the top, the stripes that go from the hood to the sides will be magenta to match the boat stripes and will turn into a factory RT style stripe after the quarter flashes. The front part of the side stripe will be gone.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the bottom stripes wth a few adjustments. It looks similar to the stripes I am hoping to put on my RT. I am still waiting for the vinyl shop to give me my quote so I can stripe the car to match the boat.

Here is the car and the boat together:

The bow of the boat:

And here is a layout of the stripes I want to add. The center stripes will be silver and go all the way from bumper to bumper over the top, the stripes that go from the hood to the sides will be magenta to match the boat stripes and will turn into a factory RT style stripe after the quarter flashes. The front part of the side stripe will be gone.

That is going to look really nice. Definitely one of a kind! Can't wait to see the finished product!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts