Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, we know they are loud. :cool: And I know my neighbors two houses down can probably hear it when I pull it outta the garage. I try to be a courteous neighbor, and we have a great street of polite families. So how early is too early in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
20,665 Posts
I mean, we know they are loud. :cool: And I know my neighbors two houses down can probably hear it when I pull it outta the garage. I try to be a courteous neighbor, and we have a great street of polite families. So how early is too early in your opinion?
Is your car a DD or used for pleasure ?

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
2,311 Posts
Unless you have open headers, I don't see how normal driving would be unreasonable.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
2,896 Posts
i take great pleasure in firing mine up any time ,the neighbors? they're young they will adjust.:cool:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,168 Posts
My roommates have a yappy Pomeranian and the next door neighbor has a beagle. Between the constant racket from the Pom who thinks she has a blood contract to kill me, and the beagle who bays at all hours of the day or night, I figure that firing up my Hellcat early on weekend mornings makes us square.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,512 Posts
I don't think you care about your neighbors you're just trying to brag at how loud your car is! I have a friend that wanted straight pipes on her motorcycle, so I installed them for her and I was the first driver after the pipe change and I was shocked at how loud it actually was, inside the helmet or with the helmet off, was like riding in a jack hammer to me. When she got home from work she took it for long ride that night, called me the next day and asked me to reinstall the stock pipes she hated it.

Challenger exhaust can be good or bad depending on what is on it, but personally I like mine quiet until I put my foot in it! 🤣

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,774 Posts
I back mine into my driveway and angle it so it points right at my jerk neighbor's front door. With my AEV lockout and Vibrant 1794's, Love letting them hear my Hemi rumble. They are just lucky I'm retired and don't get up early. And don't hate them enough to lose sleep just to annoy them. But, if they piss me off one more time!..............;)

·
Premium Member
20,665 Posts
Too early is too subjective.........when ya gotta go, "Ya Gotta Go" 🤠. If it ain't yur Challenger, could be the birds chirping or the early lawn mower dude that they would complain about.

You can only be so considerate, it's your life..........not theirs.
Agreed.
That’s why I asked if it was a DD or not. My son works until 2am and doesn’t get home until 2:30-3:30 am. He drives an ‘09 R/T with a Corsa Extreme exhaust. Can you hear it from inside the house as he pulls in ? Yes, but that can’t be helped. Fortunately, I don’t have idiot neighbors so no issues.

·
Registered
2017 GREEN GO HELLCAT CHALLENGER
504 Posts
You're worrying too too much about a few minutes of inconvenience on occasion . I'm sure everybody could have a note pad full of little quirks neighbors do throughout the years and are not worried about you , if they are concerned with what they do and it may upset you , that's the ones I would look out to be nice back . Otherwise fire it up when the need calls and I'll say it again ... I LOVE BEING OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE ...

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
286 Posts
For me, too early is before the 1st lawnmower starts, after that there's no boundaries.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts