Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few months TDY I'm finally home, I've missed reading this Forum and driving my R/T I call Ginger. I do have a question, has anyone installed an AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake? I've had good experiences in the past with this brand on different vehicles, however I had a buddy who had one installed on his 2009 SRT, he would drive from Albuquerque Nm to Alabama on the regular and his car would always pop error codes, maybe do to elevation change. Anybody familiar with these? :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Welcome Back!!! Glad you could reacquaint with us!

As far as the CAI goes, I don't think it would be anything to do with the CAI itself. I'm guessing the codes might be coming from a bad or miss installed IAT(ambient air temp) sensor in the tube. I would check that out first.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,087 Posts
Welcome back ! As the others have said, it sounds like the IAT sensor may have a leak from improper installation.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Glad you're back!!!! I have had a Brute Force CAI on my Chevy Avalanche with no problems for over 5 years....not sure what's up with your friends SRT.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the info and nice welcoming back. I'll keep the IAT sensor in mind if I do end up putting one in my RT. I don't foresee any issues, I just recall he would always have that issue. I'll keep you all posted . Happy driving

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.