Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I install this blower and all I need to do is upgrade the fuel pump. I have the pump.....and a full tank of gas. I talked to Arrington and they said I can

drive the car to run out the gas just "stay out of boost". Tonight I took the car out and low and behold everyone wants to play. I was a good boy but

man it was hard!!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
good self control for sure... i don't know what it is about the first part of spring but i had a very similar experience yesterday (first official day i had mine back on the road since last october). here i am just minding my own business and about 4 different vehicles wanted a piece of me... and mind you, they were all driving "pieces" themselves... people just get goofy sometimes... either that or they really hate challengers for some reason! hopefully the attitudes wear off before summer time...LOL

btw, i'm most likely going to get one of those fuel pumps too... i'm assuming you got a 400 LPH fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
I'm sure you'll run into some of those "pieces" after the fuel pump is installed. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it down to half tank tonight. Thing wants to rip!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Got it down to half tank tonight. Thing wants to rip!
you're right, even when i baby mine, literally granny driving it (no offense to any elder ladies out there!) :str: , i can still feel the power surging just a little... like you said, it wants to rip and go!

·
Registered
380 Posts
It's hard not to get into these things, I normally drive like a granny and was watching my fuel to see how high I could keep the mileage but I went from 23.7 to 21.0 cause I just had to let it run for a few short seconds lol I drive what I call country not a lot of stop and go but not highway either and if I can average over 20 I would be thrilled, gas in my area has gone up 40+ cents in the last 10 days or so.

I think I would have run the fuel down 1st then install the blower because I think I have the discipline but my memory stinks.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's hard not to get into these things, I normally drive like a granny and was watching my fuel to see how high I could keep the mileage but I went from 23.7 to 21.0 cause I just had to let it run for a few short seconds lol I drive what I call country not a lot of stop and go but not highway either and if I can average over 20 I would be thrilled, gas in my area has gone up 40+ cents in the last 10 days or so.

I think I would have run the fuel down 1st then install the blower because I think I have the discipline but my memory stinks.
I think my discipline is motivated by the fear of detonation:str:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Ok guys, enough of the "granny driving" stuff! The "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" might beg to differ. She loves to get on it. Ha! Didn't have anyone tempting me to play on the sandhills roads, but it sure didn't stop me from playing with it anyway!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts