Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
2021 scatpack
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2021 challenger scatpack, go mango in color.

And love it!!! I'm coming from an RT and the difference is night and day. I was planning on moding my RT and it would have helped but now I understand why everybody says just trade it in for a 392. The amount that carried over from my 2019 RT is still about half of what I would have spent to be at 392 numbers with the same reliability but minus the warranty. I'm completely happy with it and its power just the way it is.......for now馃槈
So you can imagine how I felt when this happened TWO WEEKS AFTER I GOT IT!

So she's in the shop and I won't see her for at least a month.

Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
Oh no!!! Not something I ever want to look at. Wishing you weii, and sure hope you get it fixed up to perfection again.

Premium Member
Sorry that this happened to your car but glad you weren鈥檛 hurt. I guess there is a lesson in here for the rest of us...

Reactions: boyohboy

Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
They usually give you several warnings to merge due to construction a couple of miles before you actually encounter it. I'd consider a lawsuit for failure to do so...

Registered
There is usually a set of minimum standards for traffic control device set up for temporary conditions according to lanes being closed, posted speed limit, signs and devices used so if that's something you're pursuing you may want to get video evidence if it had been set up incorrectly. In the future at the merge points I can see cameras being installed...I wonder if a dash cams record can be subpoenaed if one had one and was suing. At the end of the day, the most important thing was no one was injured, hopefully the repair works out.

Banned
I'm just trying to get an idea of how this happened. How fast were you traveling through the area under construction?

Registered
I like how the first reaction is to sue somebody. Don't bother getting any facts or details, just sue somebody.

Registered
No need to immediately blame others. Sounds like a lack of concertation and he owned up to it. Such a shame. Hope they repair the damage to your liking.
Good luck on your insurance rates. You now have a scarlet letter for 3-5 years.

Registered
I like how the first reaction is to sue somebody. Don't bother getting any facts or details, just sue somebody.
Facts and details usually get in the way of a successful lawsuit. Depending on your deductible and amount of damage pretty sure insurance companies do their due diligence and one of the first things they tell you is not to admit fault and if they can even assign partial blame they will. OP doesn鈥檛 seem to be going that route ( it鈥檚 the road less travelled if you admit fault in social media first) but you鈥檇 be amazed at how many do, despite being 100% at fault. I worked with traffic signals and it was amazing how many accidents involved having greens on in conflicting directions according to drivers (who blew through a red)...my advice was to get facts and details and video evidence in case they 鈥渃hange鈥. Glad no one was hurt.

Registered
2021 scatpack
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That sucks. Well, it doesn't look so bad that it can't be repaired. It doesn't take much to get these up to 60, and the ride is oh-so-smooth!
No need to immediately blame others. Sounds like a lack of concertation and he owned up to it. Such a shame. Hope they repair the damage to your liking.
Good luck on your insurance rates. You now have a scarlet letter for 3-5 years.
I think I'll be ok on the insurance tip. I'm not a 20 something and this is my first accident in over a decade and no other blemishes. Unless you're young, reckless or jump around to different insurance companies alot one accident isn't the end of the world.

Banned
I think I'll be ok on the insurance tip. I'm not a 20 something and this is my first accident in over a decade and no other blemishes. Unless you're young, reckless or jump around to different insurance companies alot one accident isn't the end of the world.
Since you weren't in an accident or hit anyone, could you not just pay for repairs out-of-pocket? The idea being, don't report it to your insurance agency. I suppose the cost for repairs would be extreme... Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts