Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are three brothers based out of Phoenix, Arizona and have been growing closer together through our love and admiration of cars. Our father is always telling us about his 1981 5 Speed Dodge Challenger that was Candy Red with the Silver Lining on the bottom panels. It was his baby. So the 3 of us boys have come together and have agreed to search anywhere and everywhere we can to find THE 1981 Challenger my father used to one but we don't have much to go off of. We will settle for another one as long as it is a 5 speed car. Is there anyone who can help us to find one for sale. We have looked almost everywhere we can think of and there has been no luck for us. If there is anyone who knows of one for sale, please message us and let us know! Distance is not an issue!!

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! I gotta' say this is the first mention of a second generation Challenger here. Good luck on your search, there may be some members who can direct you to want you are looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Z from New Mexico! You have found the absolute best spot for a Challenger lover to be except for behind the wheel! I gotta' say this is the first mention of a second generation Challenger here. Good luck on your search, there may be some members who can direct you to want you are looking for.
Thanks, we are extremely excited to find a challenger for our father. We have also been looking into the option of buying an automatic and pulling the engine and tranny and installing a manual trans and a vin 7 motor to go with the trans. However, we are unsure that the automatic can be swapped to a manual without having to change/replace the center console? Any ideas or input?

·
13,007 Posts
Welcome from north N.J.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Welcome to the Z from AZ and good luck, I for one have not seen one of the 2nd gen Challengers for quite some time, but if I stumble upon one, you will be the first I notify!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,087 Posts
:Racing:Hello and Welcome from Michigan. Enjoy the forum !!!:Racing:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy !

You should be able to find one. Just search the Internet. Then when you find one you can make it look like this .

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Mississippi! :wavey:

Good luck on your search. Once you find the car for your dad tell him to join up too and share some pics! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to the 'Z' from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. :wavey: Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,984 Posts
Welcome from Tucson.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome from Alberta, Canada.

·
Registered
917 Posts
That is going to be a very tough find. I did some searches myself and cannot find anything in any condition at all.

The biggest problem is that so few were built and no one considered them collectible and just drove them a lot so most are probably gone by now.

Good luck with your search.

I know back in the day when I graduated college and was trying to replace my college beater car I almost bought an used 81 red one but didnt. They were a good small car... seats fabric was a little too busy though.... lol

Again, good luck and keep us posted if you find something.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.