Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, well I made a post back in November about my gains from having Inertia Big Chamber Heads and a Crazy Jay Plus cam(.556 lift) installed into my 12 R/T Classic(auto). Mind you I also have AfE 3in Exhaust, JLT CAI, 85mm TB, and an oil catch can. At that point, the numbers were 373 rwhp and 386 tq with a CEL stating *Cam Slow Response*Finally got a tweak sent to me from Inertia in April which got rid of the cam code but then my system was too rich. Two diff banks. So long story short. Finally brought my car over to DTP Racing in Chesapeake, VA. Brent the tuner there is awesome. Not only he got rid of my CEL, he was also able to get it up to 396.7 on it's best pull! I am much more satisfied with these parts, and the numbers will only climb! I have a vid of the last pull, but I do not know how to post lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
thats very strong considering those are one of the lowest reading dynos, I remember I could only do 377 with a couple bolt ons and a 100 shot a while back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey y'all, well I made a post back in November about my gains from having Inertia Big Chamber Heads and a Crazy Jay Plus cam(.556 lift) installed into my 12 R/T Classic(auto). Mind you I also have AfE 3in Exhaust, JLT CAI, 85mm TB, and an oil catch can. At that point, the numbers were 373 rwhp and 386 tq with a CEL stating *Cam Slow Response*Finally got a tweak sent to me from Inertia in April which got rid of the cam code but then my system was too rich. Two diff banks. So long story short. Finally brought my car over to DTP Racing in Chesapeake, VA. Brent the tuner there is awesome. Not only he got rid of my CEL, he was also able to get it up to 396.7 on it's best pull! I am much more satisfied with these parts, and the numbers will only climb! I have a vid of the last pull, but I do not know how to post lol!
Did the cams change the sound of your engine and have that typical cammed sound?

·
Registered
345 Posts
wow I just got referred to Brent from my cam supplier, I'm excited to get all the parts installed and for the ride of up there now

·
Registered
35 Posts
How does it sound with that cam? I might be getting that next along with Catless heads and midpipe

·
Registered
155 Posts
When does the power start to come on while you're driving it? I see the graph but it's pretty hard to read considering it's size. Can barely make out any numbers. Whats on the graph doesn't really represent how it feels on the road anyway, though. Do you have a hard time keeping it planted off the line with the extra low end from the cam?

These mods are something I've been tossing around for a few weeks now, and it's awesome to see someone else has done it along with a dyno. I've been kinda torn between a low end power cam, and a high end power cam. Considering the weight of our cars, and the fact my car is a 6sp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts