Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Initial Impressions of Corsa Extreme Exhaust System

7K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Hammer Down 
#1 ·
Finally had my Corsa Extreme installed today and I'm very satisfied with the results. :smileup:

The three features I was looking for were : 1. a well made system. 2. No DRONE. 3. An aggressive sound when jumping on it, not a constant, in your face,three blocks away sound.
Along with the countless videos, I relied on some very knowledgeable and helpful members here who provided me with their impressions.They could not have been more accurate in describing what the system is and is not.

I can confirm what others have said :

Quality

The system is made with high quality parts and workmanship. No fitment issues whatsoever.Things like the thickness of the stainless steel, precision of the welds, heavy duty clamps, the fully wrapped GTX style tips (as opposed to the partially wrapped oem tips) give me the impression that this system will last a long time.

Sound

Exactly what I was looking for. Nice aggressive muscle sound when stepping on it,slightly louder,deeper sound with no drone when cruising.

Idle - the sound is deeper and a little louder than the stock exhaust. When you rev it in park, there is a nice muscle car sound that let's you know the engine has balls,not that tinny sound that leaves you wanting more.

Cruising around town with windows open - a nice deep, throaty sound when you step on the gas that does not drown out the radio or conversation.Unlike the OEM exhaust you know you're driving a muscle car but its not overbearing.

Highway Driving with Windows Open - A strong, aggressive sound at WOT but again its not that in your face,hear me from 3 blocks away sound.That's not what I was looking for. The most important impression for me is that when cruising between 65 - 75 mph there is no drone whatsoever.

The cabin sound is slightly louder with a nice low underlying growl until you jump on it.Then you can hear the engine come to life ! Most importantly there is no drone.

I'm told the system will open up even more after 500 - 1,000 miles. We'll see.

The one thing I realized today is how much more fun the car is to drive when it sounds the way its supposed to. :smileup:

See less See more
#5 ·
Ive had mine on for two or three years now and I love it completely. When I got it done I had it done at a more local shop up in central Jersey. I chose the system after a lot of research. Combined it with hiflo cats a cai and tune. The guy at the shop said that they had done a few Challengers and that this sound was his favorite by far.
Im excited to see what its gonna sound like next Friday after the blower is bolted on. Hellcattish? Hmmmmm.

#7 ·
Actually that three blocks away sound you are talking about is there...You just can't hear it from inside the car. It isn't obnoxious by any means, but when you cruise by people hear you..

I thought the same thing with the Borla Atak while driving around. I actually thought that I had accidentally ordered the S-Type because, although louder than stock the ATAK did not seem all that loud to me inside the cabin..That is until I stood outside an open stretch of road and had my wife do a couple of passes..Then I realized how loud it actually was.

The Corsa extreme isn't as loud as the Borla but is plenty loud enough. The neighbors know when you are coming home.

Congrats on the new exhaust. I felt the same when I had my installed. Makes the car feel new again.

#8 ·
Nice write up Art, I had the same concern as you when it came to loudness, I wanted something that sounded good but then again I didn't want a set of cop callers either and Corsa was perfect for me and they made the ride so much more enjoyable. I'm glad your happy with them, enjoy!!

Reactions: MIDNITE RT
#9 ·
I'm told the system will open up even more after 500 - 1,000 miles. We'll see.
It will. Hedge more on the upper 700-1000 range for it to really bake in. Also, don't forget to recheck/torque the bolts as the Corsa install doc states. I didn't have anything come loose, probably b/c of the loctite that came with the system. I knew you would be happy. Yeah, it's expensive but now you can see why. Glad you went with this system. One and done !

#11 ·
I thought the same thing with the Borla Atak while driving around. I actually thought that I had accidentally ordered the S-Type because, although louder than stock the ATAK did not seem all that loud to me inside the cabin..That is until I stood outside an open stretch of road and had my wife do a couple of passes..Then I realized how loud it actually was.

Congrats on the new exhaust. I felt the same when I had my installed. Makes the car feel new again.
Thanks ! I'm going to try that.

Nice write up Art, I had the same concern as you when it came to loudness, I wanted something that sounded good but then again I didn't want a set of cop callers either and Corsa was perfect for me and they made the ride so much more enjoyable. I'm glad your happy with them, enjoy!!
It will. Hedge more on the upper 700-1000 range for it to really bake in. Also, don't forget to recheck/torque the bolts as the Corsa install doc states. I didn't have anything come loose, probably b/c of the loctite that came with the system. I knew you would be happy. Yeah, it's expensive but now you can see why. Glad you went with this system. One and done !
I think your set for the life of the car now - unless you want to switch to a different exhaust! Congrats!
You are three of the members I referenced above.Your impressions were spot on.Thanks for the videos and PM's. :smileup:

#16 ·
Congrats on the new system glad you are happy, Corsa is a great system.

#17 ·
Reactions: Rickvvv
#20 ·
Sounds Great, Art! :smileup:

#22 ·
Appreciate the comments folks ! Hopefully the videos can help someone else who might be thinking about changing their exhaust.
Ironically, it took an hour and 1/2 to install the system and 3 hours for me to post the videos ! :D

#23 ·
Appreciate the comments folks ! Hopefully the videos can help someone else who might be thinking about changing their exhaust.
Ironically, it took an hour and 1/2 to install the system and 3 hours for me to post the videos ! :D
Well you did a great job, the system sounds great probably not quite as loud as the Borla but way better than stock.

Reactions: MIDNITE RT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.