Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Looking for your opinions on the price of a 2019 Challenger RT I'm considering. It's a 5.7 V8 Hemi (manual) with the plus package, driver convenience, and blacktop. Dealer is listing the MSRP at $41,150 with their price as $34,761. With my research so far this is looking pretty competitive. Would like to know what the group thinks.
Thanks!!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,890 Posts
Sounds like a good price.

Reactions: Hajo

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
I agree sounds like a good price, make sure it has blind spot detection, it makes driving it a lot safer.

And Welcome to the ForumZ from South Carolina! :)

Reactions: Hajo

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,737 Posts
Hi All! Looking for your opinions on the price of a 2019 Challenger RT I'm considering. It's a 5.7 V8 Hemi (manual) with the plus package, driver convenience, and blacktop. Dealer is listing the MSRP at $41,150 with their price as $34,761. With my research so far this is looking pretty competitive. Would like to know what the group thinks.
Thanks!!
That's about what the other dealers are discounting them at. Good so far, try for more. Still shop around, until you are sure.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South West Florida!

Good price BUT.......for that money you can easily get into a lightly used 2018/2019 Scat Pack.
Scat Pack's have a lot more cubes, which equals a LOT more fun and bang for your buck!!!
Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,890 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from South West Florida!

Good price BUT.......for that money you can easily get into a used 2018/2019 Scat Pack.
Scat Pack's have a lot more cubes, which equals a LOT more fun and bang for your buck!!!
Good luck and keep us posted!
Depends on the market where she is, that price here would be more like a 17 or 18.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,003 Posts
Welcome! You can take your time if you wish. If you absolutely have to own the car the price sounds good. Have you shopped around for maybe other models like Susie and Corbin may have hinted? Year, Model and mileage are they key if you wish to purchase a Scat etc. If you love the R/T you've found then purchase it. You may LOVE something else better in your price range.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is only about a thousand profit at MSRP. The ads showing a four to six thousand dollar discount are misleading, you'll never get them to take that much off the price. It's click-bait to get you in the store to negotiate, then you find out you can't really get it for that cheap.

Throughout the year FCA will offer promotional discounts, usually a couple of grand, that will help lower the price down some on a buy, or cap-cost on a lease to lower your payment.

If you can get four thousand off you're basically buying the car at raw cost after all dealer holdback. Good luck getting that. Maybe on a 200-day old SXT, but everything else sells before then, so there's no incentive to give them away.

I felt pretty good getting about two grand off $38K and change for a RT A8 Blacktop. It paid off a couple of grand negative equity on a early lease trade in, got me in the new car without having to wait 11 more months on the current lease. I also leased the new car - payments are $430 or so, 36/10, $2K down, all in. It cap'd at about $34K all done.

Also note that a M6 knocks residual down 2points - seems only about one or two in a hundred are coming in with a manual 6 speed, and they are harder to resell. I would have happily gotten one, the auto trans is $1600. Ouch.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Oh, and the 5.7L hemi makes plenty of power. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, takes mid-grade, and cheaper to insure. The V8 rumble is worth it - you basically buy a motor and get a really nice car with it.
My car will never see a strip. ;)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome. Does your screen name here indicate that you have ties to Newfoundland? It’s where my wife is from. We just returned from visiting family there.

I had a 2011 5.7 manual. Great car! Manuals probably still require premium gas though. They did when I had mine so that won’t be a negative against considering a 6.4. I see a lot of talk about scat pack vs R/T deals. I bought my scat pack shaker last year for $36k and change. It stickered for $44,5. The on line ad for it said $32,9 but included a lot of rebates that only apply to very specific criteria that they know not all will qualify for. That’s the ad game. I do think there’s a good shot at getting into a scat at the price point you stated for the R/T you’re looking at. Not that the price you got wasn’t good. The scat in that range might be optioned differently than the R/T on the luxury side. Depends on what you like. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts