Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. I may be in the minority, but I actually like the 2010 and earlier SRT chin spoiler better than the 392 chin. Has anyone here installed a 2010 on an '11-'14 Challenger, including the belly pan, duct work, to make it fully functional? I have seen plenty of threads doing the opposite, putting a 392 chin on an older Challenger but not the opposite way. If anyone has, part numbers, instructions, tips, and of course pics would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So.....I really am in the minority....not one response LOL!!!!!!!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
So.....I really am in the minority....not one response LOL!!!!!!!
Changes were made to the front cover beginning in 2010. It would be "iffy" as far as the older spoiler fitting properly with the way things are intergrated behind the cover. I put the 2008 SRT spoiler on my 2009 with no problems without having to remove the front cover. In 2010 I know that the spoiler will fit but the cover has to come off in order to do it.

You would definately be the pioneer on this one if you try it out.

Reactions: jklotz10

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHA yes, I am definitely getting the impression I would be the pioneer! And yes, the amount of changes to the front facia and chin spoiler cosmetically are easy to see, but who knows with all the mounting points and belly pan/ducting redesign that was necessary. One thing that makes me think its possible is the R/T and SXT chin spoilers have remained identical looking for all model years, and the '10 and earlier srt cpoiler looks very similar to those except the cutouts for the brake air ducting....May have to go to my buddy at the local dodge parts dealer and see if the part number has ever changed for the R/Ts and SXTs, and if so, what were the changes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts