Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to take the plunge and intend to purchase the Corsa Performance catback exhaust for my 2010 R/T automatic.

The question is... I see folks paying premium prices for getting it installed at a speed shop. Is there a reason this is more than just an exhaust installation? Can any reputable exhaust place do the work, or would I regret that for some reason?

"Speed shop = custom performance, hot rod, muscle car shop"

I spoke with one locally, the price for what "sounds" like a couple of hour install seemed a little high but I am not sure. They quoted "around $300".

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
If you have a set of ramps and a level spot to work you can do the install yourself with a basic set of hand tools. No torch or welder required. Took me about an hour and a half with a beer break between removal of old and installation of new Corsa Extreme.
The Corsa comes with great instructions that include color pics.
Save the money you'd pay for the install to use for other mods!!!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I agree that it is not a hard job and it doesn't take too long to do yourself. But if you don't have the access I can see where paying someone to do it is easier. I'd suggest you go to any Midas or chain muffler shop and get it done for about $150. $300 is way too much to pay for that swap. You will Love the Corsa once it's installed.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Look at it this way. If both jklotz10 and Tikiman say it's easy enough to do on your own, then a regular exhaust shop will have absolutely no problem installing the system, and you'll save $150 or more by not going to a speed shop.

·
Premium Member
18,521 Posts
Just had mine done last week at a local Meineke shop. I mentioned to the owner that I was very particular about my car and asked that he put an experienced tech on the job.
It ran me $ 163 and there were no issues whatsoever. As mentioned above, its an easy job that doesn't require any special expertise.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Anywhere from 150-180 is about right.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
I have gone one better. At my local speed shop, I talked about doing the work myself and purchasing directly from him. He said, lets get some lunch, put on the dirty clothes and work it together. So far, I have only replaced the H pipe with the X and are looking forward to getting the axle back system next. Because I helped, he cut the labor by 50% and I learned a lot and took half of a vacation day from work to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts