Votes: 20 80.0%
  • No.

Votes: 5 20.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came up with these stripes and had them made by a company on ebay. So far I've shown them to my parents individually, and my girlfriend. The first thing everyone says is 'can you take them off'? :wow:

I like them. They are staying. So what do you think? I think a lot of people who aren't 'car people' are 'anti-stripe' because we live in an era of plain vanilla cars. Also, a lot of people don't like gold. It's a gold metallic - like the Bandit era Trans-Ams, not a foil type gold.

I call them Modified AAR type because they have blocks like the AAR Cuda, but with open boxes instead of filled. I thought the open look was a little more modern, and less ostentatious than solid blocks of gold would be.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Do I like stripes ? You bet your vinyl I do !

And yours look great too ! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I think they look great! Gold and Black look killer and don't think I've ever seen those before.....:smileup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think it looks cool. I agree the gold and black compliment each other very well. Are you planning on eventually changing up the fuel door and wheels as well? You dont see a lot of the gold/black combo. I forget who on here plastidipped their wheels gold but that look(gold...not necessarily plastidip) would look great i think.

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Love the stripes. I'd consider painting or plastidipping your wheels gold so the wheels match the stripe color.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies!

I understand the point about the chrome wheels. In my opinion since the gold isn't a foil finish, but instead is a metallic paint finish, that the chrome wheels are not in conflict with the gold stripes. I think a full gold wheel would be too much. A gold accent on the wheels might work, though. My truck came from the factory with gold painted wheels and it's the one part of the truck that I've never liked.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I see a set of Hurst Rims in your future!!!!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Don't see a thing wrong with the stripes...

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
First time I've seen outline strobes, and I like them.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
At first, my reaction was, what the?????

Then, I opened the pictures and realized how great this stripe is. Bold move, something Mopar may copy in the future is my guess.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Tell your girlfriend and parents that a professional graphic artist and life long car guy says they are magnificent.

The color scheme and open parts at the front remind me of the Bandit car, or any specially packaged old Firebirds, which is NOT a bad thing. I totally see the AAR thing going too, in fact that was my first thought.

I think you should be proud. They are not too much to make it look like a Hot Wheels car, but just close enough! Plus they are your design, your not going to roll up on anyone at the stop light with them.
BRAVO!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I totally agree your stripes are a winner! Very creative but I think gold on the wheels would be too much gold. And take your eyes away from the stripes. But do what makes you proud it's your car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts