1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Plus
4,308 Posts

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,487 Posts
I did that on my old Scat Pack... never had an issue....

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,392 Posts
Should I be concerned about water / Rain getting into the filter?
From the headlight intake or the driver-side heat extractor?

EDIT: Sorry, just realized you meant the headlight intake. Shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
522 Posts
mine has been on over 2 years no issues as long as you dont drive under water you will be fine

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Ditto on the Nope.

You do however need some type of screen protection to stop, small birds, wasps, etc. from getting inside the wide open hole, and building a home in there.

Reactions: SFCR

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ditto on the Nope.

You do however need some type of screen protection to stop, small birds, wasps, etc. from getting inside the wide open hole, and building a home in there.
Lol:ROFLMAO: Where the heck are you parking your car, and for how long? At first I thought you were going to say to keep birds from getting sucked into the intake. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
... At first I thought you were going to say to keep birds from getting sucked into the intake. :)
Oooh, the Hellcat headlight intake. Yeah, that could be dangerous to skinny people and small children. Now that you installed it, you really need to put the appropriate warning labels on your fenders.

Also, be sure to shut your engine off if you are at a stoplight and pedestrians are in the crosswalk. Safer for all involved, reduces wear & tear on your motor, and keeps your insurance rates low.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
you shouldn't have a problem since the headlight inlet is below the actual filter itself. the bottom of the housing for the filter is open. it draws air in from under the chin spoiler, so you should be fine. but, i also agree in getting a filter for any errant flying insects. especially in florida with all these love bugs during their season

Reactions: RyzRT

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Here ya go...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Where can I purchase that?
Just Google Scalia Motorsports... They've got all kinds of different patterns colors and options... I'm happy with my choice.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just Google Scalia Motorsports... They've got all kinds of different patterns colors and options... I'm happy with my choice.
I found them, not sure how it attaches, does it go directly on the back or mid way inside?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I found them, not sure how it attaches, does it go directly on the back or mid way inside?
They're just pushed in from the front into the existing hole...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Oh yeah... You tube has got some videos on them also...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts