Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the MOPAR fog light retro fit kit online, and am looking at ordering it, along with a halo kit. The new headlight switch included in the kit has the 'auto' position which is not on the stock car. Understanding that the computer has to be reprogrammed at the dealer to make it understand it now has fog lights, does anyone know if the auto headlights will also work, or is there more I need to know? Thanks!!:att:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fog light info...

The Fog light set came in, and kudos to the ebay supplier, all parts were Mopar and look correct.
Now trying to split the lenses to put in the halos. Quite a chore.
Drawn up my own wiring plan for the dual color halos with a multifunction remote, and I will post it if I can figure out how to do it, and of couse if it works!! Been experimenting with the dual color halos, multi remote, etc. and think I found a way to make it all work legally just by adding one more switch. When I find time to get it all in, will try to update. Wiring diagram is pretty complex.
Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Banned
42 Posts
What ever you do dont put the fog lights in the oven. Thats not going to help splitting the cases. Use a sharp knife and two small screwdrivers. Go in and pry, pry, pry a little at a time. You can also use a razor blade between the housing and lense but be carefull not to cut yourself if you slip.

I did mine this way and even bought them from what sounds like the same guy on ebay. Steve was his name I believe.
Take your time, this is a easy mod.

Yes you have to go to the dealer to have the fogs work with the new switch. You can bypass the car and use a aftermarket switch to have them on all the time . I know a few people that do this.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I tried the heat gun for a bit, and didn't seem to be getting anywhere, so went with the dremel/bandsaw method. The bandsaw is way easier.
Just got done putting the lights in the lower valance and installing the new headlight switch. Decided to get an aftermarket customizer to install the headlight halos and wire it up. Have to take off the front fascia to change the headlight housings. Not insurmountable, but time consuming.
Anyone doing the fog lights, to put the halos in use a small coping/scroll saw. The Dremel was a pain. Much messier.
Installing the fog lights was semi-easy. Getting the plugs out hardest, just used snippers to get the tabs out, they do not release easily. Only took about 4 wheel liner plugs out, that gave enough room to get in to the light assembly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I say I used snippers, it was to get the blanks out where the fog lights go. Try as I might, could not squeeze the tabs enough to get them out. And removing just a few wheel liner plugs made it possible, but not easy. Had to reach thru a very tight space. As advertised, the wiring harnesses were there and the fog light installation and headlight switch installation was fairly painless. Still have to go to dealer for activation. Does anyone know a way to change headlight shells without removing front bumper?? Have not found a way yet, so if anyone has a lead it would be greatly appreciated!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.