Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while back I asked about some help with removing the intake manifold, as I was going to send it off for porting. So, I sent it out to a guy in Houston. If you wanted to look at some work he has performed other than the pics I plan on posting you can PM me and I will give you the information. Anyway, I sent this thing over to him and for $600 he TOTALLY changed the way this thing breathes air. The runners are completely smoothed out and he ported the throttle body opening to 85mm to match my 85. I couldn't be happier.

I just got my afr hooked up and need to get it installed so I can work on some tuning, but it seems like the car is pulling harder in the midrange and up...especially around 4000 rpm. I don't have any dyno numbers, but for those of you who are thinking about getting some work done on an intake for a build...I'm installing a new cam and heads...and you are looking for a ported manifold...I wouldn't bother sending it anywhere else.

A word of warning though...this guy is busy. So, if you send in your stuff to him it may take a week or two to get it back, but he tries to ship back quickly. He always answers texts and keeps you updated as well.

Anyway here's the pics of MY manifold after I got it back. Sorry I don't have a pic of a before, but you could probably get factory pics of the inside before porting on the internet somewhere.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

unnamed3.jpg

Attachments

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,005 Posts
Looks good. Quite a few hours invested. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Thanks for the photos.--:smileup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
does he do heads?

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went with HHP heads and HHP Stage 2r cam. The worst part about all that is finding time to datalog and sending logs to Josh for calibration. So if you're looking to do the shipping and exchange thing...skip the email tuning (except for the initial one they give with the heads and cam) and make sure to go with a tuning shop. I'm over 10 tunes now and it's still not "dialed in" completely, which has also led me to give up and find a shop (3 hr drive 1 way) to do it right the first time. However that doesn't reflect poorly on Josh or HHP, my car has been a pain in and of itself. I have to return back to stock sometimes just so the new tune will work correctly ...but that's another story all together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts