Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I'm doing paperwork for yesterday's job and to be 100% honest, I'm goofing off on the internet doing everything I can to avoid actually doing the paperwork. I end up on the Dodge site and do a dealer search for the 100th Anniversary Challenger on lots. My wife is still going back and forth on getting one or hanging on to her delusion of insanity that is owning a new Camaro. So, I figure if I can get her to see one (in HO Red) in person, that might seal the deal. Can you imagine that? A husband trying to convince his wife to let him buy her a new car?

Anyway.....I see (much to my astonishment) that my local dealer has on listed as being on the lot. I was just there on Thursday to check on parts prices (yeah, the belly pan for the 392 chin spoiler) and there wasn't one there. Ask the wife if she wants to take a drive to the storage area to get my Challenger out. We have the first weekend with good weather in ages so I'm gonna take advantage of it and install the RE front strut brace. I don't mention we're gonna stop at the dealership on the way home.

So we get my car (man is it dusty!) and head home but stop at the dealership. As I pull in and park near the Challengers, I don't see a HO Red car in any prominent place. Get out and as I'm gonna walk to the cars, I see a dark red Challenger sitting close to the building (with a B5 Blue Challenger close by...more on that in a minute). So I start to walk over and my wife says, look at that...is that one of the 100th Anniversary cars? I said, yeah I think so. Walk over and there's a woman standing near it (same woman I saw getting something out of the B5 Blue) and a guy in the driver's seat with the salesman. I ask the lady if the B5 Blue Challenger is hers? She says no, it's my husbands and he's trading it in for this red one. Says it kills him to get rid of the B5 Blue, but...

We talk a while and it turns out he ordered this car a while back and it's just come in. So it never really was for sale by the dealer but listing it on their website got me to stop. Cha-ching. Wife is really knocked out by the color and the red cloud looking interior. Might be the clincher, not sure yet. Anyway, I talked with the guy a bit. He checked out my car, the usual stuff. Told him and his wife about the forum, so maybe he'll show up here and post some pics of his awesome new ride. I took a couple with my phone, dunno how well they'll show the color, but it looked amazing in the afternoon sunlight.

To the B5 Blue...he told me he couldn't find anyone to buy it but gave me the info sheet he put together when trying to sell it on his own. I'll try to attach it to this post. The car has ALOT of miles on it as it was his DD and he commutes 4hrs each day but it's been well taken care of. I started to mention the timing chain recall and he kinda got a glint in his eye and nodded. His went in this car at 83K and the engine was rebuilt. How long ago that was and did Dodge use the new "improved" parts, I don't know. Anyway, it's a fairly rare 2010 B5 Blue R/T for sale and should be listed on Hanover (PA) Dodge's website soon. He was asking $21K for it so it'll be interesting to see what the dealer puts on the sales tag.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
that was a good read and sounds like the guy was fun to talk to... surprise surprise, another timing chain issue... one can only speculate, but from his daily driving routine, more than likely happened on his commute with the MDS engaged...

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Jim.....we are all waiting with bated breath.... Did your wife decide?????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.