Interesting Oil Change Today

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Dealer Issues' started by MommaBetty, Sep 29, 2017.

1. MommaBetty

MommaBetty The dragstrip is open! Site Supporter Level 5 Member Relations Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Heelz and Wheelz

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Had my oil changed/tire rotation today in Rapid City, appointment was at 11:00 a.m. They don't really leave much room for customers to park their cars, so I always just pull up in front of their display window next to the new cars! Works for me!
    Then I walked back to the service area, and you actually walk into the shop before getting to the service/parts door. There was a sublime Scat in there, I assume for an oil change also. Nice and clean. I am just getting ready to open the door and go into the service area, and they are pulling the sublime Scat out to go outside with it. The service guy peels out and does a burnout inside the shop! Wow!
    So of course the FIRST thing I say when I go in, hey please don't do any burnouts with my car. That is reserved for me!!! I still can't believe the guy did that with a customers car! I wonder if he just didn't realize how easy it is to do that with a Scat!
    Got all checked in and went into their nice waiting room. Free refreshments, WIFI, TV and magazines. Love the new ownership. I was waiting about 30 minutes and a nice young gal also comes in to wait. We start a conversation and I sure enjoyed that. She just bought a new vehicle and was waiting for it. Not a muscle car gal, but she showed me a pic of her deceased father's old classic. It was a beauty. So we did have fun talking and I told her what my I owned.
    Then it was about lunch time. Still waiting, and the owners have a free lunch today for customers! I picked the right time for the oil change. They are celebrating a year of ownership after taking over Dodgetown. So I had a great Mexican dinner, and they even had a cool Mopar cake with a big blue M on it. Now that is great service. Car service got done, and the gal I was visiting with had to come out and check out my car. I kidded with the service guy, and don't think they tried that burnout stuff with mine!

Here is one of many pics I took on the way home. Will post some of the pics in different threads.

45511.jpg

Front End Friday! :D

2. dean18681

dean18681 Member Military

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Stone White
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Sounds like you had a great day at your dealer Mrs Betty. As much as you drive your Scat, you keep it remarkably clean.

MommaBetty likes this.
  3. MommaBetty

MommaBetty The dragstrip is open! Site Supporter Level 5 Member Relations Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Heelz and Wheelz

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Thanks Dean! Was a good day! Cool and cloudy, but I liked it after the long hot summer!

nunya likes this.
  4. MOPARMOM

MOPARMOM Senior Member Site Supporter Level 1 Member Relations MOTY Winner! Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Heelz and Wheelz

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    1974 'CUDA
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Most of us wouldn't step foot in a dealership......you are lucky enough to have a great one near you Betty!!
    LOVE that picture!!!

5. MommaBetty

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    More pics coming from the "dragstrip"!!!

dcde201057 and nunya like this.
  6. nunya

nunya Jeff MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Plus
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Sounds like you had a fun interesting day!

MommaBetty likes this.
  7. MommaBetty

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Thanks Susie!

I think this was the first time I went into the service area and didn't know anyone there! My last oil change was across the street at the other location on June 1st. So this is the first time since last November that I have been at my old familiar location. LOTS of changes, but mostly I am very pleased with it all.

8. cdahl383

cdahl383 Senior Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2015 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    That doesn't surprise me at all about the guy doing a burnout in the Scat Pack. I'm sure he did it on purpose to have some fun. Honestly, it's not going to hurt the car one bit, most of us on here put our cars through a lot more hell than that. But it's just the principal of it. If it's not yours, you should treat it accordingly, take it easy, don't get grubby fingerprints all over it, don't leave the radio on some loud stupid rap station, etc. Just have a little respect for someone else's hard earned stuff is all. It's good you spoke up, that probably resulted in a little conversation with that service guy.

Sounds like it's a good dealership though. Those are hard to come by. I used to like one near me, but the old owners sold it to another guy that owns several others in the area and now it sucks. I went there one time for an oil change and waited an hour and they still hadn't even pulled it around yet. I told them to give me the keys I'm outta here, and that was the last time I ever went to that place. I just change it in the backyard now myself. If I had a good dealership near me like you have I might consider taking it in.

Cool pics! That Go Mango Orange really looks great!

dcde201057, UP3985, VIXFIX and 2 others like this.
  9. SolApathy

SolApathy Member

Vehicle?:
    SRT 392
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I had this experience at Performance Dodge in Columbus Ohio. They thought I had already left and the tech started power braking my car in the shop. I just about flipped out, my service adviser flipped out, too. Ended up getting the manager and the tech got reamed, and later came by to apologize.. I don't care if it's a $5k car in your shop or $100k, you treat it with the same respect. I have a dashcam in mine. so I can record everything that goes on.

dcde201057, VIXFIX and MommaBetty like this.
  10. MommaBetty

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Thanks Carl! I still can't believe my timing, going in to get my Scat serviced, then they do that to another Scat right when I was walking in! There aren't that many Challengers around our area.

JarheadsChallenger likes this.
  11. Bert

Bert Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    High Octane Red
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    You must have gone to the same dealership that gave me all the valuable knowledge about my radio.

dcde201057 and MommaBetty like this.
  12. UP3985

UP3985 Member Site Supporter Level 5

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack Shaker
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I am also lucky to have a good dealership close by that I bought both of my Challengers from. I like doing most of the work on my cars myself. But I have looked over the service depart carefully and had my second oil change on my Scat Pack done by them to see first hand how they treat customers cars and was very happy with how they took care of my baby. So even though I will be doing most of the routine service on my Challengers. I plan to buy my parts filters and oil from them. The parts invoices will kept with my service records as proof of regular service done to keep my lifetime warranty's valid as I plan to keep these Challengers for ever. The 64 Starfire on the end I bought in 1982 so you can see when I get a car Iike I hold on to it! 20170311_133938.jpg 20170311_134101.jpg

13. MIDNITE RT

MIDNITE RT Well-Known Member Member Relations MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    09' Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    That Olds looks to be in beautiful shape.Nice trio of cars !

14. UP3985

UP3985 Member Site Supporter Level 5

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack Shaker
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I have one piece of trim that needs to be put on the passenger door. to finish the body and I put all new front suspension from springs to bushings last fall. The next big jog will be rear control arm bushings and rear end drain, clean and fill. 20161030_123213.jpg 20161030_123202.jpg 20161030_123131.jpg