Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got to take a beautiful drive in 65 degree weather to Rapid City, SD. I made a stop at the dealer and got a routine oil change. They also replaced two lug nuts. In November they advised me that they needed replaced on my next oil change. I only had about 10,000 miles on my car in November.
Now comes the funny part. It only took about 30 minutes for them to complete the work. I had one more free oil change coming (as per my car purchase agreement).
When I went to get my invoice, they charged me for the oil change. No problem, after I reminded them, they tore up the bill and redid it. Then on the next new invoice, they charged me for two lug nuts ($20.00!). Let me just say in a nice way, a very unattractive lady gave me the invoice. I saw the charge for the lug nuts and told her that they should be covered on my warranty. She said no way those are covered under your warranty! "Those have never been covered under warranty." I said I was pretty sure they were. Fortunately the service manager was still around, and he had to look it up on his computer to see if they were covered by the warranty! Wouldn't he just know that??? Anyway, he discovered that yes they were, and now they had to print another invoice. This all took another 30 minutes!
I wasn't upset, just surprised. I think the service manager was a little nervous and eager to please, as I gave him one of our calendars for Christmas. Nothing could put me in a bad mood, it was too nice out today!

Reactions: ninjadave

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
Glad it worked out for you Betty. I don't know what the '13 oem lug nuts are like but if they're anything like the 09's then you may want to consider getting a nice set of Gorilla lugs. Well worth it.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
good on ya to pay attention...most people just pay and leave....you almost left mod money there!!!!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
That's pretty wild Betty...So what was the response or even the look on the face of the unattractive lady when she had to give you yet another invoice??

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
10 bucks per lugnut.... or did that include labor??? lol

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coolbreeze, she was amazingly quiet after finding out she really didn't know what she was talking about!
Shane13, I don't know if it included labor, I didn't get enough time to look at it closely before they tore it up! I thought that was pretty high priced too!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
You, Betty, are a well informed Mopar owner! :rep:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Why did the lug nuts need to be replaced? In any case, stick to your guns. Just mention/emphasize, that you have a 3 year, 36k warranty and it is BUMPER TO BUMPER! I think the lug nuts fall in between the bumpers.

·
12,990 Posts
Get the gorilla lugs Betty, the factory ones are overpriced as well as being junk.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get the gorilla lugs Betty, the factory ones are overpriced as well as being junk.
Alan, You are right, I will be getting the gorilla lug nuts when the warrranty period is up!

I believe the dealer actually damaged them back in November when I had my tires rotated. Even if my car was out of warranty, wouldn't they still be liable to replace them since it happened while they were rotating the tires?? Is that called personal responsibility? That is another good reason to use the gorilla lugs after the warranty expires!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Even more interesting is tearing up an invoice. Those are usually numbered consecutively and must remain that way in the event of an audit.

Is this dealer like some nail salons that keep 2 sets of books?

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Hmm Dodgetown ??? wonder who I still know there and if the still have the new 08 SRT ??

Even more interesting is tearing up an invoice. Those are usually numbered consecutively and must remain that way in the event of an audit.

Is this dealer like some nail salons that keep 2 sets of books?
Not with new dealertrack system and many Computerized invoicing tear up invoice add job reinvoice same RO/SO number .

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
Glad it worked out for you Betty. I don't know what the '13 oem lug nuts are like but if they're anything like the 09's then you may want to consider getting a nice set of Gorilla lugs. Well worth it.
More important than the warranty issue,you don't want a flat tire on one of your long drives and have a lug nut spinning in your hands.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm Dodgetown ??? wonder who I still know there and if the still have the new 08 SRT ??

Not with new dealertrack system and many Computerized invoicing tear up invoice add job reinvoice same RO/SO number .
Yes, the new 08 SRT is still there! You probably already know this, but it was bought by the owner of the dealership. He stores it in the showroom now.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Betty good to hear they took care of you on your visit. It sounds like a lack of communication between the personnel working there but that's typical. The lady at the cashiers cage needs to be thought some social skills and hats off to you for knowing what needed to be done to your Challenger and taking care of business.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More important than the warranty issue,you don't want a flat tire on one of your long drives and have a lug nut spinning in your hands.
Your are right, guess I will get them before the next tire rotation! That is going to be soon! I did ask them yesterday about getting the gorilla lugs and would they put them on for me. Didn't seem to be an issue.

·
Banned
2,349 Posts
Betty good to hear they took care of you on your visit. It sounds like a lack of communication between the personnel working there but that's typical. The lady at the cashiers cage needs to be thought some social skills and hats off to you for knowing what needed to be done to your Challenger and taking care of business.
LOL trust me I know what this dealer wants to pay employees and as always you get what you pay for. I turned down the Parts Manager position there.

I hope to get back up there this Summer and yep bringing the car , I have some business with some people to attend too

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
WOW!! What a story Betty! Good thing you questioned that unattractive lady.....worked out OK.

Momma Betty 1
Unattractive Lady NADA!

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
I'm glad the tires on my SRT aren't rotated (245s in front 255s in back).

They do have a torque point to tighten to.

Betty you have the patience of a saint. I don't.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts