Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in and out of my trunk and would prefer if the 14' had an interior grab handle like my 06' Charger. Nothing to grab on the Challenger except for plastic tail light or exterior surfaces. Any mods for this out there? Haven't found anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
I used a length of black nylon 1" wide strap long enough to double it over to make a finger loop. I punched a 1/4" hole in the ends.
Under the hood, I riveted it just to the left of the latch bar.
In the trunk I removed the plastic center lamp retainer nut that is just left of the latch, placed the strap over it and put the nut back on the stud.

However, I am going to move it to the right of the latch and rivet it now that I have a 1/4" riveter.

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
Any chance you can post a picture of your mod? The wife is all pissed off about it. Like your 06 our 08 has the handy handel on the inside of the trunk our 08 has the spoiler from the SRT and it keeps you from pushing on the wing.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't know how to post pictures on the forum. However, I can send pics to an email address if someone can then post them. Won't happen until tomorrow though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts