Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my in tune this week and did the updates, beautiful day in georgia decided to tune, fresh tank of 93, printed out full instructions, right off things looked funny, tunes available screen didn't show 93 octane tune, showed tune called diablo tune and 91 octane tune, I chose the 91, everything went well and I didn't modify it, just installed clean. Then ran the car a little while and went back for some adjusting or parameters, most went well did fans, throttle (still feels lagging at 15), rev limit to 6200, top speed to 165, tried setting tire width and aspect and then applying it, it wouldn't hold it, so I tried doing tire height. Wouldn't hold any change. Saw no way to enter ny gear ratio?
Does tuner know my stock wheels and gear ratio for the vin?
Still lots of questions, runs like a beast, still think it could hold a 93 tune if I could find it!
Lots of questions

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
You really shouldn't have to do anything with the tire size settings unless you have changed tires from stock. Basically the tire setting just allows you to adjust things so your speedometer reads correctly if you do change to a different size tire.

The Diablo tune from my understanding is now the 93 octane tune, I don't know why they changed the name.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I wanted to enter those 392 gears, but mike at diablo answered some questions for me before my unit arrived, he told me to lower fan settings 20 degrees across the board for the jet 180 stat, he said if I needed anything to email him directly.
I never saw anything about having a tune called "Diablo"
I'll talk to mike Monday and get us all some additional info

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got my in tune this week and did the updates, beautiful day in georgia decided to tune, fresh tank of 93, printed out full instructions, right off things looked funny, tunes available screen didn't show 93 octane tune, showed tune called diablo tune and 91 octane tune, I chose the 91, everything went well and I didn't modify it, just installed clean. Then ran the car a little while and went back for some adjusting or parameters, most went well did fans, throttle (still feels lagging at 15), rev limit to 6200, top speed to 165, tried setting tire width and aspect and then applying it, it wouldn't hold it, so I tried doing tire height. Wouldn't hold any change. Saw no way to enter ny gear ratio?
Does tuner know my stock wheels and gear ratio for the vin?
Still lots of questions, runs like a beast, still think it could hold a 93 tune if I could find it!
Lots of questions
The Diablo tune is the same as the 93 octane tune. I've tried both tunes on my '13 RT Automatic. After running the Diablo tune for a week, I changed it back to the 91 octane tune. The Diablo tune is only good for another 3hp, and the driveability isn't as good as the 91 octane. It actually pulls quite a bit harder with the 91 octane tune. I set the adjustable parameters as follows: 3:06 rear end, 245/45/20 tires, firmer shift, redline at 6200 rpm's, 15% throttle boost, 1% richer fuel across the board. I left the timing alone. I thought about disabling the traction control, but the instructions said it would also disable the anti-lock brake system, That's not something to mess around with.The added fuel seems to have made a big difference, especially from mid rpm's to redline. Pulls a lot better than the first time I ran the 91 tune. I run 93 octane gas unless I'm on the road and can't get to my favorite service station. But the last time I filled up, I added one gallon of 110 octane racing fuel.
+.-If you are still having trouble with some of the adjustable parameters, you might try updating the tuner again. At one point, my tuner completely lost the adjustable parameters feature. Updating fixed that problem. If your like me, you'll be changing parameters a lot, just to see what works best. Keep us up to date on your settings and what kind of performance gains you get.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my tuner wouldn't let me do gear ration and tire size, I contacted Mike and he had me copy a file off tuner and email it to him, said this has happened on a few 2014's. Waiting to hear back from engineers.

I like the 91 tune, I run 93 octane gas, I have throttle boost at 20% (15 wasn't enough), advanced wide open throttle timing 3 degrees, a little more fuel to go with timing, upped rev limit to 6200, top speed to 165, set fans 20 degrees cooler across the board, its a beast

I hooked tuner up to PC again, its fully updated,

still playing with it like you, I think I will stick with the 91 tune,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.