Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 SE with intake and exhaust. What is the diffence between 91 octane setting and the diablo setting for my car. Is the diablo setting for 93 octane or does it set everything automatically?

what are better settings for me to add with either throttle,transmission ect.

Please Helpp

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 2010 SE with intake and exhaust. What is the diffence between 91 octane setting and the diablo setting for my car. Is the diablo setting for 93 octane or does it set everything automatically?

what are better settings for me to add with either throttle,transmission ect.

Please Helpp
I have the Diablo i1000DCX for the 2013 RT and the Diablo Tune is the same as the 93 octane tune. I have to add racing fuel to my tank of 93 octane gas in order to run the Diablo Tune. Without the racing fuel, I get better performance from the 91 octane tune. The settings I finally settled on are firmer trans shift, 15% throttle boost, and increase the redline to 6400rpm's. I wouldn't mess with the timing or fuel parameters. The canned tune has already done that for you. Be sure to input your rearend ratio and tire size. I have found that the canned tunes affect the shifting characteristics of the auto transmission. I don't like the timing of the shifts when driving normally, so I shift manually nearly all the time. Good luck with our tuner and have fun.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 15%,is that good for the 3.5L also or is that trial and error? How about idle settings? I normally have 700rpm at startup but at light in gear im at 600rpms

·
Registered
140 Posts
the 15%,is that good for the 3.5L also or is that trial and error? How about idle settings? I normally have 700rpm at startup but at light in gear im at 600rpms
I'm thinking someone with the same engine as yours would be better at making suggestions for your settings. The settings I have on my 5.7L Hemi were arrived at through trial and error, or "testing" as some call it. They are what works best for my application. I tried several different throttle boost numbers, and 15% is what works best for me. I did not change the idle setting since it seemed to be right on. The one thing I wish I had, but is not in the tuner, is "launch control". If you are not familiar with launch control, it allows the driver to hold the brake, or clutch, and floor the gas pedal. Launch control will hold engine rpms at 1800 until the brake is released, then it goes WOT. Makes for much more consistent take offs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems now my exhaust is more quiet when inside car now. Is that cause of opening up the throttle? It also wont take my tire size. I put in size and apply,when I go back it says "not set".

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
It seems now my exhaust is more quiet when inside car now. Is that cause of opening up the throttle? It also wont take my tire size. I put in size and apply,when I go back it says "not set".
I have heard of people having trouble setting tire size. You may want to get in touch with Diablo tech about that.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
diablo said even though 2 different size rims are factory its setup in program.

Now with the exhaust. when I setup 15%throttle I noticed the exhaust got quieter inside the car. I don't know if it was more open and had less back pressure or not. Diablo said the throttle wont do that. I changed it to 12% and now the louder sound of my exhaust is back.

Im not really sure what else to change to help with a little more performance with the inTune.....Who gots da info??

·
Registered
140 Posts
diablo said even though 2 different size rims are factory its setup in program.

Now with the exhaust. when I setup 15%throttle I noticed the exhaust got quieter inside the car. I don't know if it was more open and had less back pressure or not. Diablo said the throttle wont do that. I changed it to 12% and now the louder sound of my exhaust is back.

Im not really sure what else to change to help with a little more performance with the inTune.....Who gots da info??
Did Diablo say which tire size was setup in the program? If it's different than what came stock on your car, then it's wrong. Your tuner should take the tire size you put in. If it doesn't then there is something wrong with it and Diablo should fix it, not try to explain it away. If you are running a different tire size than what they programmed into the tuner, then your speedometer is going to be off, and so will your 0-60 times. I raised my rpm redline to 6400 and made the shifts firmer. I'm a little shy about messing with the timing and fuel parameters. Since we don't know how much advance is dialed in to the computer, we don't have a reference point to start from. Best left alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.