Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,977 Posts
And brand ? 2019 6.4 SP. Thanks in advance
I would advise you to use the plugs recommended by the factory. Too often I have come across someone who at least with a stock engine dared to try some exotic plug only to learn the hard way the exotic plugs were not up to the task.

Use the factory plugs. Be sure out of the box they are all gapped correctly. Do not use anti-seize. My experience with factory plugs is they come with a special thread surface treatment that acts as a thread lube but also ensures good heat transfer. And also important does not contaminate the O2 sensors.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used NKG Iridium spark plugs on my R/T and noticed more responsiveness than the stock copper plugs. Don't let anyone scare you off from using these plugs, as many members have here and no one has had any negative experiences.
Thanks, NGK Iridium is what I was debating on. I have always had positive experience with NGK, but that was in brand X cars. Just curious as to different opinions .

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
809 Posts
And brand ? 2019 6.4 SP. Thanks in advance

For your 2019 Scat Pack 392/6.4 ... NGK (who makes the OEM Mopar plugs) recommends their Laser Platinum plug part #LZTR6AP11EG. NGK Plug

If you want to stick with the OEM Mopar plug ... here's the part number: Mopar SP149212AC Here's a link to them on Summit's site: Mopar Plugs There are usually a few deals on Amazon at a little better price.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For your 2019 Scat Pack 392/6.4 ... NGK (who makes the OEM Mopar plugs) recommends their Laser Platinum plug part #LZTR6AP11EG. NGK Plug

If you want to stick with the OEM Mopar plug ... here's the part number: Mopar SP149212AC Here's a link to them on Summit's site: Mopar Plugs There are usually a few deals on Amazon at a little better price.
Thank you very much

·
Registered
809 Posts
Thank you very much
No worries.

The 392ci/6.4L engines use a slightly different plug than the R/Ts with the 345ci/5.7L HEMI engines. The 5.7s use the NGK Laser Iridium plugs.

How many miles do you have on your 2019? The manual doesn't call for a plug change until 100,000 miles for the 392ci/6.4L engine.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries.

The 392ci/6.4L engines use a slightly different plug than the R/Ts with the 345ci/5.7L HEMI engines. The 5.7s use the NGK Laser Iridium plugs.

How many miles do you have on your 2019? The manual doesn't call for a plug change until 100,000 miles for the 392ci/6.4L engine.
My plans are to change them out at 30 K along with a few other things I plan to do before going on vacation. I am usually way ahead of the scheduled maint that the manual calls for , Old habits are hard to break.

·
Registered
809 Posts
My plans are to change them out at 30 K along with a few other things I plan to do before going on vacation. I am usually way ahead of the scheduled maint that the manual calls for , Old habits are hard to break.

Certainly better to perform maintenance early than late.

When I changed the OEM plugs in my 2005 Pontiac GTO (6.0L LS2) at 100,000 miles they looked clean enough to go another 50K miles.

On the other hand, when I changed the OEM plugs in my daughter's 2012 Ford Edge SEL (3.5L V6) at 100,000 miles they looked like they should have been changed 50K miles sooner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts