Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an 08 challenger srt with 888 miles been kept in garage.It was a collectors car till divorce then he had to sell.I am on the fence about buying it. It is spotless and perfect condition. What you guys think?I am on fence waiting on which way to jump.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Not a bad deal for the milege and price. Buy it to drive it and enjoy because I doubt you will get a future return on it until about 30 years or more from now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it were me , I would shop around to see what other SRT's are available in that color for tat much $. I agree with TJGS have fun with it and drive it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'd rather have a newer 12+ R/T with all the good options than a peg-leg 2008 SRT, quality wasn't the best then either.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Mudhole go to KBB.com and see what they say its worth. There you would put in all the options it has etc. I personally say if you want it buy it. If not keep, keep looking around.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Only worth 33 if you specifically want a 08. Worst SRT of all years though.

·
12,989 Posts
2X ^^^^^ I would look at the 2011"s or newer.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If you don't care about the open differential, offer them $30K.
My 09 has a LSD and I believe beefed up axle shafts vs the 08s. Not sure about the poor quality statements, I have no problems with my 09.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I got a 11 RT for $10 less it only had 29000 and it has all the bells and whistles in it. shop around or buy it if YOU like it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would pass on that price.
I just bought a 2013 RT Classic in Plum Crazy.
It has every upgrade possible except for the moon roof.
One prior owner put 3700 miles on it.
I paid $28500 out the door.
I see that you're looking at an SRT so would have the larger motor, so that adds some more value.

·
Registered
377 Posts
2X ^^^^^ I would look at the 2011"s or newer.
I drove an "09 SRT, and found the suspension a bit soft and the car somewhat unmanageable on WOT and cornering. I drove an '11 and suspension and handling was much better.
Do a test drive of the 09, then a post-2011 to compare the two.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
The 08 with low miles sounds great but are you going to keep the car in the garage and never drive it like the current owner. I'd think about what you really want.

If you think you are going to do performance modifications ( supercharger, stroker, heads, cam etc) than the 08 will require you to eventually upgrade the rear-end, half-shafts etc. If you are going to keep it stock then talk him down a few thousand and buy the car. Just think about what you want to do with the car before you put down money. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reading this made me second guess my purchase, but I love looking out the window at my ride and knowing that I own that beauty!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts