Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Or does anyone else think they NAILED it with this taillight design?

WHAT A REAR!

Seriously impressed the more I see of this design, nice job D-O-D-G....sorry. excited.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,702 Posts
Looks like an updated version of the 1971 rear end.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,973 Posts
I'd like to see more detail on how the exhaust tips come through the lower panel. Not loving that part, but I think that this design is a natural progression if they were going to change from the design if the past 7 years. I like it, but I'm happy with mine. Same for hte front end. NOT happy about the re-emergence of B5.....

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts
3,961 Posts
Yes it is phenomenal! Love it!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Sorry Darth - I am just not feeling it. I like the front end - that looks sharp, the grille, the lights, the whole things looks really great from a nose on aspect. Rear end treatment I keep going back and forth but keep landing on the side of "not really, no". I am also not too sure about the front hood with the grille vents being closer to the front end (the larger "T"). I am defitnely not thrilled with the interior dash. Not liking that at all - especially the cheap plastic looking center console. The shaker looks really good and the aluminium mags look great. Not too keen on the shaker stripe design.

So all in all its a mixed bag for me. I am also disappointed that all that hype (and cost) of the scat pack only pushes the HP levels to about 485. I have to say that overall, I am underwhelmed. I think I like my 2012 much better. Be curious to see what the hellcat turns out to be when the do the big reveal on that in June.

For me I wont be trading up to the 2015.

·
Premium Member
18,487 Posts
The tail light section is one of the features I like about the new design. Not sure about the hood.lower grille or the fact that its 8 inches shorter which is why I need to see one in person.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
I agree, I like the tail light design. They tried to make it similar to the '71. It looks good.
I will save my total impression of this car until I actually see one in person.

·
Registered
88 Posts
dont care for it to much. but i do like the backup camera in the spoiler.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think they hit a homerun, looks great to me, like the interior too. I especially like the rear end, like you. B5 Blue? You didn't believe we had seen the end of that did you? Hope you didn't buy thinking I will have they only year of it? Too popular to not bring back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The lights are definitely a home run! I hope a vendor comes up with an aftermarket kit for us to get those tails!

Also, really wish they would have put challenger instead of dodge in the middle of the taillights

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
I like what they have done with the Challenger for the most part. Like the rear and the indented spoiler. May have to get used to the big, sh&t eating grin on the lower front, but overall, I'd say it's good.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm with Bad on this one... indent in spoiler and taillights struck me first and I like that look. One thing though is the front end lower air intake "smile" is a little to big for my liking. May be my imagination but it looks much bigger than previous models. Halo lights and split grille are pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
949 Posts
One of the things I like about our current interiors is that it's simple and sort of retro. The new interior looks good but it's a little too modern for me. Really diggin' the rear end. Front end OK. I do think it's good they changed it up a little. Chrysler will bring more buyers to the market with something different than the last 6 years.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I like the tails....also like the whole refresh. I think it looks good.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice to see so many opinions on here. Interesting points of view for sure.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hands down, best looker on the streets today. They'll have to pry my skeletal fingers off the wheel.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
It's growing on me, I wasn't sure when I saw the first couple pictures of the Challenger but as I've seen more and more pictures I'm liking it more and more. I'm looking forward to checking one out in person before reaching a final decision.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts