Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 challenger RT with 8.4 inch screen and the super track pack already in my car. So is it worth $300 to buy the tazer to unlock features such as track mode and ECO mode? What all will it be able to do in my car?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have a 2020 challenger RT with 8.4 inch screen and the super track pack already in my car. So is it worth $300 to buy the tazer to unlock features such as track mode and ECO mode? What all will it be able to do in my car?
Go read the feature list on Tazer's website to know what it will do for your specific car. It is up to you to decide if those functions are "worth it".

For me... Turning off the &*%$! seat-belt chime every time I move the car around the driveway is worth the price of admission. And having the passenger able to enter an address in the navigation while I am driving. Some things just annoy me. Knowing what those annoyances are makes the cost of removing them worth it. But that is me. You have to decide if it is worth it to you. The rest of the features/functions of the Tazer are in the nice-to-have-cool-toys category.

Oh, and on a 2020, don't forget you need the double bypass thingy too. That's another $50 or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go read the feature list on Tazer's website to know what it will do for your specific car. It is up to you to decide if those functions are "worth it".

For me... Turning off the &*%$! seat-belt chime every time I move the car around the driveway is worth the price of admission. And having the passenger able to enter an address in the navigation while I am driving. Some things just annoy me. Knowing what those annoyances are makes the cost of removing them worth it. But that is me. You have to decide if it is worth it to you. The rest of the features/functions of the Tazer are in the nice-to-have-cool-toys category.

Oh, and on a 2020, don't forget you need the double bypass thingy too. That's another $50 or so.
Okay thanks for your response. I couldn’t find much about my specific car. My big question is will I be able to use eco and track mode? I saw someone’s video saying that it won’t allow those features but didn’t know if that was true.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,591 Posts
As for track mode, no the pages will come up but it will not activate it because you don't have the dynamics package and adaptive suspension. Not sure about eco mode.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
117 Posts
Hi,

You don't need a Tazar to disable the seat belt buzzer, here is what I did on my 2020

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had it on my R/T mainly for the line lock because my car wouldn't behave doing a burnout at the track. Also always allowed the car to be in Spoet mode even when turned off.
Outside of that, it really has a handful of features that lets you kind of tailor the car to your taste.....displays, chimes, seat adjustments, etc.
I was ok spending the money on it, but that money could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts