Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Island Dragway 2014

10K views 121 replies 13 participants last post by  dodge boy 
#1 ·
Well guys ive been patiently waiting for my home town tracks 2014 season opener, the first 3 weeks have been a total bust due to snow and cold weather and as of now it looks like this weekend's Friday night street legal has been cancelled and Sunday's Test & Tune is sure to be rained out.
I kind of feel sorry for the new owners because this weather thing must surely be hurting them financially and they must be concerned about the situation. Anyway im really anxious to get out there and test out the Maggie that i recently have had installed and i plan on posting a lot of pictures and video on this thread when the track finally opens, come on Spring!!!

#3 ·
Alan that is really too bad for the owners! Hopefully it will warm up soon and everyone can come out and give them their full support!
Im sure there are a lot of people here like myself concerned about this, it was a real shock to the local racing community when they closed the track at the end of the 2012 season, when the track reopened last summer a lot of the local community donated their time to help the new owners get on their feet.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Hope the weather holds out for you. This has been a crappy winter/spring so far weather-wise. Milan Dragway is due to open next Saturday, April 5th. I'd like to go and make a few passes just for fun but who knows what the weather will be like.

Definitely take some pics and video if you can when you go. I'm anxious to see what your car will run now with the supercharger. If you can hook up good I'm sure you'll be somewhere in the 11's.

#10 ·
Sunday's Test & Tune

It looks like the weather looks good for this Sunday's Test & Tune at Island Dragway finally, the D.A. should be perfect. Anyone one interested in joining me?

#12 ·
I'm going to try and hit Beaver Springs on Sunday, not 100% sure on that yet though as I need to sort out some work issues.
I was looking at Beavers schedule the other day and it looks like they are doing Test & Tunes on Saturday now.

#13 ·
I was looking at Beavers schedule the other day and it looks like they are doing Test & Tunes on Saturday now.
Yep I just checked and you are right, well dang not sure if I'll be able to make it to the track then this week.

Reactions: bad8nti
#14 · (Edited)
island dragway 4/6/13

Well I finally got out to the track today and I was a bit disappointed with the results the track seemed to be on the cold side due to the over night temps in the 20's.
When I race I normally turn off the traction control but I was having issues doing that today. I had my best run with it on and my best run 12.15 @ 113.95. I made 3 other runs that were slightly lower. It was a bit strange that even though the D.A. was very good it seemed that most of the people that I know that race there seemed to be running on the slow side and very few street cars were there. Anyway I didn't get a chance to do any video but here is one of my time slips.

#16 ·
Well I finally got out to the track today and I was a bit disappointed with the results the track seemed to be on the cold side due to the over night temps in the 20's.
When I race I normally turn off the traction control but I was having issues doing that today. I had my best run with it on and my best run 12.15 @ 113.95. I made 3 other runs that were slightly lower. It was a bit strange that even though the D.A. was very good it seemed that most of the people that I know that race there seemed to be running on the slow side and very few street cars were there. Anyway I didn't get a chance to do any video but here is one of my time slips.
Not too bad Alan!!! I'm sure the track was cold as you mentioned. You'll be in the 11's soon for sure!!

Sorry I couldn't make it. I was planning on working around the houses but I actually got called for work for some O.T. Couldn't pass that up.

I WILL join you one of these weekends, I promise you. Also, I found out how to use my camera (a "real" one) to take videos, so I can get a few for you from the stands.

#18 ·
Not too bad Alan!!! I'm sure the track was cold as you mentioned. You'll be in the 11's soon for sure!!

Sorry I couldn't make it. I was planning on working around the houses but I actually got called for work for some O.T. Couldn't pass that up.

I WILL join you one of these weekends, I promise you. Also, I found out how to use my camera (a "real" one) to take videos, so I can get a few for you from the stands.
Let me know when your ready, Jon and I are trying to put a track date together when a few of us forum members can can make it.

#21 ·
It was good to see you getting some track time! Would be nice if you and John could get some video from the stands! I will be looking forward to that! If you guys get together, how about some group pics!!
We will definitely get some racing video Betty. The group pictures might be a problem, LOL , Some of us guys are
real camera shy. :4-dontknow:

#23 ·
Glad you were able to get to the track Alan.Running low 12's sure beats the heck out of shoveling snow. :smileup:

#24 ·
Glad you were able to get to the track Alan.Running low 12's sure beats the heck out of shoveling snow. :smileup:
Thanks Art, I hope we are done shoveling snow for the year, I was a bit disappointed with the times and MPH that I ran but I should be in the high 11's with a bit of simple tweeking. All in all it was great to get out there again.

#26 · (Edited)
Island Dragway 4/13/14

Well I hit the track again today and things didn't go so well, it seems like there is an issue with the Supercharger,
It seems like the boost is kicking in and out and the car seems to be running a bit rough at full throttle along with a smell of gas under the hood. I'm gonna talk to Josh at HHP this week about this matter and see how I'm gonna proceed now. Anyway I made 3 passes before I called it quits and they were all around 12.6 @ 110 mph which is a far cry from what I ran last week. I also made this one in car video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLDDeIDDsYQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Reactions: MommaBetty
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.