Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I went into my local Dodge Dealer to order a 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack widebody. I was told that when designing my car and specing out my car to my liking that the brown\tan and black interior (new for 2020 model) was unavailable. I have been to Dodge's website many times. I have always been able to have a choice of interior color selection whether all black, brown and black, or red and black (with the plus package in the widebody). Has anyone else had this issue? Or has a Dodge salesperson who could clear up this issue?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
While the features on the website are in fact for the specified model year it doesn’t necessarily mean they are all available throughout the entire year. What often happens is a subset are immediately available at the start of the production run and then others are added over time during that model year.

For example let’s say a model year has 10 paint colors - 6 of which are new for the model year. The four legacy paint colors may be immediately available after they finish retooling during the summer to prepare for the next model year. When ordering is opened up only those 4 colors can be ordered right away. Then when sufficient paint batches are ready they may add 1-3 more colors in late fall or early winter. Then in the spring the last set of paint colors might become fully available.

I suspect you are caught in that cycle where not every advertised feature is available at the start of the new model year production run. Your dealer should be able to tell you when availability is expected.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have factory ordered cars in the past that have arrived missing some of the items ordered. Fine print they reserve the right to change things during production. This why the last three new cars I have bought have been off the lot so I could look them all over drive it etc. It is pretty disappointing to wait weeks and weeks for a car to arrive and it shows up missing options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts